Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brian Barnes

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 6 Apr 2013 20:58

Anyone know Brian Barnes who married Maureen E Baker in 1960 in Brighton

jax

jax Report 6 Apr 2013 21:12

He had middle initials M K and remarried in 1973

There is a Brian Barnes with a tree on here place and year of birth match...do you know when he was born? you will find it on http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Apr 2013 21:56

What is your connection?

Giving info about living people can be risky................

Jane

Jane Report 5 Jul 2017 22:06

I think the brian barnes I am looking for info of remarried in 1965

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Jul 2017 22:45

Are you aware of the postem note added to the first marriage entry? If it's yours it doesn't give any means of contact so would be adviseable to add a free gmail address to it.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Jul 2017 06:53

He didn't remarry in 1965 it was 1973 as previously posted

He is the only one with the two other initials for his name

Not seeing any children born or them on the electoral rolls

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Jul 2017 23:22

Maybe Jane will come back in another four years and answer questions and thank people for their help. :-)

If only this site made it plain that there are no notifications of answers, unless you click the "Watch this" link that doesn't say what it's for ...

This is a link to try to make contact through this website

- from what jax said in 2013: this person has Brian Barnes born in the right year and right place in a family tree at this website, so it is either Brian himself or a family member with the same name ...

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/1006299/discover?rk=27206547

Jane

Jane Report 7 Jul 2017 07:50

Thanks for all your help, but Brian M K Barnes, married Maureen Baker in 1960, on another site, I have noticed that he remarried in 1965

Jane

Jane Report 7 Jul 2017 07:53

This is the record of the one I am interested in BAKER Maureen E. BARNES Brighton 5h 112 Peaklander

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2017 09:24

When he married Maureen in 1960 he used the middle initials M K.
When he remarried in 1973, he also used the middle initials M K.

The 1965 marriage you've found is either a different man, or he didn't declare his middle names.

It's all rather irrelevant as he doesn't appear to be on ER. His 3rd, according to you, or 2nd, according to everyone else, marriage was also to a Maureen.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2017 09:32

If it's relevant, he was born in 1941. Have you looked to see if he had any siblings? They may be easier to trace & have more recent information.

Have you looked for Anthony P J, born 1945? He does have a much younger sister but, with no middle initials, she'd be harder to trace.
Anthony also seems to have disappeared.

Jane

Jane Report 7 Jul 2017 09:34

I think his 2nd marriage was Maureen Thomas. All I would like to find out is if the first marriage to Maureen Baker, did she have any children, and also is she still alive, and does she go under her married name or did she go back to her single name

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2017 09:54

His marriage to Maureen A Thomas was in 1973 - that's the one we've been trying to tell you about :-D

Although there are 2 Barnes/Thomas Births, 1975 & 1976 in Tonbridge, Kent there's no guarantee that they are Brian's children. There were no Barnes/Thomas children born in Brighton 1980 +/- 5.
Shirley thinks that he didn't have any children with either wife, certainly not in the Brighton area.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2017 10:10

As you are now enquiring about Brian's first wife, could you please explain why you are interested? Although we are happy to try to reunite living relatives, you don't seem to know a great deal about any of the named people.

The surnames Barnes & Baker are both quite common. As there were 3 Maureen E Bakers born in the right time frame, in or near Brighton, we could be sending you on a wild goose chase.

If you haven't already, send a message to the Brian M K Barnes who has a tree on this site. The link was given earlier. If he can still receive messages on the linked email address, he will be able to reply to you and, hopefully, answer your more intimate queries.

Jane

Jane Report 7 Jul 2017 10:47

Maureen Baker is my dads daughter from a previous marriage, so would be my half sister

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2017 10:59

Thank you :-)

Just to rule out 'wrong turns' , do you know for sure that your half sister married Brian M K Barnes? As mentioned in a previous post, there are a total of 3 Maureen E Bakers born within a year or two.
Unless family told you who she married, or you've bought the MC, the marriage could be to one of the others.

Jane

Jane Report 7 Jul 2017 12:53

I have looked it up and also someone else has contacted me about this and told me this is true. But she says he lives with a Carol Barnes (Moody) and her son by him, but they have never married, even though she has taken his name

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2017 17:40

Brian M K Barnes did marry *a* Maureen E Baker in 1960. But how do you know that she was *your* Maureen?

There's 3 potential Maureen E Bakers he may have married who were born
1Q 1936 Worthing
4Q 1936 Worthing
4Q 1942 Brighton

As he was born 1941, the odds are that it's the one born 1942, but on the other hand it could have been one of the 1936 ladies, or someone completely different who was born in another area.

We can probably rule out the 4Q 1936 Maureen as the 1939 register suggests she only married the once, in 1963 to a Mr Dainty.

If you believe your informant is correct that Brian is living with a Carol, then it may be best to ask them to provide you with an address so that you can write. Brian should be able to confirm his first wife's parents names, and possibly what happened to her.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2017 17:53

Although 3 years seems a rather short period to have married, divorced & remarried, there is a record of a Maureen E Baker marrying a Mr Bowles in 1963. Perhaps that's were you got the 2nd marriage year from?

There's also a Maureen E Baker m to Mr Kelly in 1970.

Of course, she may have moved out of Sussex altogether.

Have you thought of tracing her mother and any possible half siblings if her mother remarried? If her mother has died, she may have been the informant on the DC, or mentioned in a Will if her estate went to Probate.

Jane

Jane Report 7 Jul 2017 18:59

If it was the one that married Mr Dainty, then they are both dead, but if it was the one that married Mr Bowles, then she could still be alive, although there is also a Frederick Bowles that married an E W Baker, and I think that is my dads previous wife, were the two people with the surname Bowles, Father and son