Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

find birth mother

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

angela

angela Report 11 Apr 2013 19:15

hi was born in 1961 was at beechcroft mother and baby home was then adopted. would like to find xxxx preece as was.can anyone help me thank you.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Apr 2013 19:21

Will PM her birth and marriage

Flip

Flip Report 11 Apr 2013 19:38

You will need to buy credits, but she is with her husband in Great Yarmouth on the 2013 electoral roll available from 192.com. It's not a subscription site, so unless someone can find her on FMP you'll need credits to get full address. Not in the phone book though.

I'm guessing Shirley has sent you her marriage details by now.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Apr 2013 19:42

Have also sent the address . :-D

Flip

Flip Report 11 Apr 2013 19:56

Guess you've got FMP Shirley. Isn't it great when someone has an unusual name! Let's hope it works out well for Angela, it's not easy making first contact.

Good luck
<3

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 11 Apr 2013 20:39

Good luck to you Angela!

<3

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 11 Apr 2013 21:57

Parents marriage......

??

Marriages Mar 1936 (>99%)
Preece Cyril G Robbins Coventry 6d 1005
Robbins Annie Preece Coventry 6d 1005

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Apr 2013 10:14

PM,s not yet opened !

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Apr 2013 14:04

Already done that Sanny !

Flip

Flip Report 12 Apr 2013 14:08

Wonder why OP was reported and re-instated minus the christian name??

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Apr 2013 15:40

I sincerely hope that Angela doesn't try to make contact without first seeking professional guidance........

The mother's family may have no knowledge of her existence, and her approach could cause untold distress.

The post was probably reinstated without the forename for reason of TACT and DISCRETION

I do feel that people on here should give guidance and advice...........not up-to-date address info........... in circumstances such as these

jax

jax Report 12 Apr 2013 16:11

I agree with Reggie

This lady was very easy to find because of her unusual first name, does her husband or children know of this birth?? maybe not

She may be very happy to have contact with a child she possably had to give up over 50 years ago...then again she may not welcome it

Lets hope it all works out well for all concerned

Flip

Flip Report 12 Apr 2013 16:34

I do agree with you, the mother has the right to privacy. But on the other hand the adopted child has a legal right to access their birth information and try to find their parent(s). Although in this case with so rare a name it is difficult - hence all contact via PM

Lets face it, this one was not difficult to find, so although the OP did not have the expertise to find her anyone with more experience could. And I believe Angela would have found her on her own once she developed her research skills.

Try putting yourself in the position of an adopted person, then think about what you would want to know. Regardless of whether the mother wants contact or not, the child has the legal right to try, and the mother has the right to reject the approach. However, under the law her anominity was removed when they opened up adoption files to adoptees.

I also wonder if her name had been Jane Smith would it have been reported - I doubt it. I found my mother through this site (Smith, but not Jane) and there were no RRs on my requests.

The other poster quoting the christian name has also been reported, so I guess someone is trying to block this.

Sorry but as an adoptee, I think Angela has every right to try to find her mother.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 12 Apr 2013 21:16

Is anyone on here actually qualified to give Angela professional guidance and advice?

Maybe you are Reggie..........but having said that, Angela was not asking for it anyway.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Apr 2013 22:28

Yes Prickly I am.
But policy is,,,,only if its requested. :-)

patchem

patchem Report 12 Apr 2013 22:42

So what is your opinion of Kenneth's behaviour?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1322807

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 12 Apr 2013 23:02

My point exactly Kay.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Apr 2013 23:32

patch,

Its not for me to comment on him,only that its kept private.

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 13 Apr 2013 10:58

Kay has a right to do it the way she wishes,Patchem, and Pickly/Holly
have a right to their, opinion, as have I, and I am in 100% agreement
with Flip`s opinion, my successful search results with positive outcomes in so many request, makes me believe I could be getting it right sometimes,
I enjoy searching, I have wipe tears from my eyes when told of reunions
I have helped happen, there is no greater reward than the happiness and
joy that their words reveal, and so to the few chill out, and have a nice day.
Ken H or RED KEN

Kay????

Kay???? Report 13 Apr 2013 12:31

Quite right Ken,people should stop enforcing what others should do. :-).