Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gary John Stevens. born Halifax 1978

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 18 Apr 2013 11:55

I am looking for Gary John Stevens, born to Linda M Gillespie in Halifax Yorkshire 1978. At that time Linda was married to Leslie J Roper who died 1987. Genuine reason for searching for this young man. I believe that he is my son's half brother. We have been looking for him for a long while and I have just discovered that I have reason to believe that his mum re-married and he may have taken his new dad's surname. It would be much appreciated for any help possible. Thank you............... (ps. I also remarried, my name was Kathleen Roper) :-)

jax

jax Report 18 Apr 2013 12:01

If his mother married Leslie Roper in 1977 why was his name Stevens? or is that the name you think he has now?

Could you also please remove his exact birthdate

jax

jax Report 18 Apr 2013 12:14

I see a marriage for a Linda Gillespie to a Stevens...but was she a widow? in which case would'nt she have married as Roper?

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 18 Apr 2013 14:19

I apologise firstly for the birthdate. I thought that if I put as much knowledge as I could he would be easier to find......... now, I do not know how to delete this information. The relationship between Linda and Les was not a good one and they separated. Speaking from personal experience she most likely went back to her maiden name, I do know that she moved away from the area. Read into that what you will but as I say I speak from experience of being married to Mr Roper previously. She probably didn't want him to know where they were. My son and I have been trying for years to Find Gary. Any help will be appreciated.

jax

jax Report 18 Apr 2013 14:23

Go to the opening post and select "Edit" (just along from your name) then you can remove the birth date.....Year is ok though

jax

jax Report 18 Apr 2013 14:27

If Linda was the one born in Halifax there seems to be quite a few siblings...have you thought of trying to find them?

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 18 Apr 2013 14:38

I know for certain that Gary was the only child born to Linda and Les, are the other siblings named "Stevens" I know it's confusing but I'm trying my best to give details without being too personal. Do you know this family? or have you looked the siblings up? I never thought about that. :-)

jax

jax Report 18 Apr 2013 14:39

One of the 5 possable siblings Stuart has a tree on here....the memberhip numbers are over 5 years old but it is worth a try sending a message to see if he knows where they are

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 18 Apr 2013 14:41

Thanks jax, will try it. :-)

jax

jax Report 18 Apr 2013 14:41

Linda had siblings and it may be easier to trace them to ask whether they can put you in touch with their sister

No I do not know this family just trying to help

Choccy

Choccy Report 18 Apr 2013 16:12

PM sent with possible address for Gary.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 28 Apr 2013 10:42

I now believe that he is called Gary Gillespie and he has a partner named Lisa and they live in Bradford. I am trying to contact him thru either fb or direct by letter. Thanks for everyone's help. :-)