Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jeanette Dalziel Connacher Edinburgh Scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 18 Apr 2013 19:55

I am trying to contact Jeanette Connacher or Sutherland who most likely lives in the Edinburgh area. I have sent a message through Genes but she does not appear to have opened it . I would be grateful for any information that would allow me to make contact with her.

Regards
Andrea

patchem

patchem Report 18 Apr 2013 20:07

Have you tried bt online, 192.com etc for any further information?
Are you related to her, so know something of her age and whether she would remain in Edinburgh?

Added:
There are Jeanette Sutherlands on 192.com in Edinburgh, do you know what middle name she has?

Andrea

Andrea Report 18 Apr 2013 23:54

Sorry to be so long in replying. She was born in 1944 Jeanette Dalziel Connacher address was Leith. She married John Hearn Sutherland in1962 at Haymarket and had at least 2 children in the 1960's both born in Edinburgh. She is a second cousin of my husband .

Thanks for your help.
Andrea

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Apr 2013 09:38

Have you tried looking at the records suggested?

When did you send your message via GR?

At the moment, they don't appear to be notifying people that they have messages on the site.

I've received numerous messages in my GR inbox recently....none of which has been advised to my e-mail address

So............give it time

Andrea

Andrea Report 19 Apr 2013 10:12

Thanks Reggie

Although I have been a member of Genes for a long time I do not use the site regularly. I posted the original message on Sunday and noticed that it had not been opened. Your comments explain why I did not receive a message to say that anyone had replied to my finding relatives message . I had assumed an e mail would come through if a response was placed. Thanks for your help.

regards
Andrea

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Apr 2013 11:26

You will NOT be notified of any posts on these boards. That isn't part of the system

You SHOULD be notified if a PM is sent............but that doesn't appear to be happening at present.

Sunday is very recent......................