Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Karen Louise Strathern 1971

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Apr 2013 14:03

Hello I am trying to track down a lost family member (Karen Louise Strathern) ,born in August 1971 Northumberland. She was adopted at some point.
Mothers maiden name is More. Have found a few things out on here, but would really like to find out where she is currently living now (2013).
Any help would be very appreciated, this is all the info I have on her so far. :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Apr 2013 14:42

Will PM their address

Penny

Penny Report 22 Apr 2013 16:25

Are you related?

Hopes it 'isnt an ex in hiding !

I'd go loopy if my address was just passed on like that !

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Apr 2013 19:54

she is my half sister that ive been trying to find for many years.Many Thanks Shirley,how did you find that so quickly? :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Apr 2013 20:12

The record is on Find My Past Electoral roll lists.

:-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Apr 2013 06:46

Thank You again for your help. It made my day. Now to take the next step in writing to her. :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Apr 2013 07:30

Good luck.hope it goes well for you :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Jun 2013 19:06

Hello to anyone that reads this,the information I had from Shirley lead to a dead end im afraid :( So if any one could be of more assistance I'd love to find my half sister.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Jun 2013 00:32

Why was the information a dead end? Wrong person?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Jun 2013 00:40

The marriage you mention in 1987 was for a Karen M. Did she really marry at 16?

You don't mention the family circumstances. I assume you share a father? If she stayed with her mother her name could have changed when her mother married or perhaps she was adopted.

I don't see a Strathern/More marriage so I can't look for a marriage for her mother.

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Jun 2013 06:22

I believe I said in a PM that her birth reg had its page nos amended with a small s against it indicating she was adopted so she wont have the same name now,

I gave the address as you asked for it although the marriage was for a Karen M not Karen L . There is no birth record for a Karen M though

Can only suggest you add yourself to the National Adoption Register as a conact so if she looks for her birth relations she will be given your note of interest

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 14 Jun 2013 09:59

Born August 1971 marriage June 1987 must be wrong Karen .

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Jun 2013 22:43

Do you know if she stayed with Sheila? Seeing as an adoption was involved your father would have been aware of this.

Rose

Reggie

Reggie Report 14 Jun 2013 22:52

If Karen was adopted, her surname will have changed..........possibly also her forenames.

And naming her mother on here is not a good idea..............unless the lady has given you permission to do so.

jax

jax Report 14 Jun 2013 22:52

Could she be living in Scotland Now and taken her stepfathers name?

There is someone on facebook with that name who had a birthday this week

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Jun 2013 23:06

I see the mother on 192 but no marriage. I see she is from Dundee so perhaps the marriages were there?

Jax,

I saw that on Facebook but Beth says her birthday is August.

Roe

jax

jax Report 14 Jun 2013 23:18

Probably not her then...just a thought

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2013 11:53

her mother is on this site but trying to avoid contact with her...as i didnt realise she was adopted untill last week and dont want to offend any one...
its so hard knowing what your allowed to mention and what your not,at the end of the day all I want to do is find my half sister. :-) Thanks again for eveyone's comments.

Reggie

Reggie Report 15 Jun 2013 14:19

In that case, Fiona, it really would be best to remove the mother's details from your post.

They don't help your quest, and could cause upset to her current family

Follow the sensible advice about adding yourself to the contact register..............

And good luck......................