Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Descendants of Walter B LAWRENCE and Ellen SLATER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jill

Jill Report 25 Apr 2013 16:47

I am trying to find any descendants of my Grt. Grandparents - Walter Barnabas Lawrence b.1852 and Ellen Slater b.c1855. They lived in Essex and Middlesex and settled down in Millwall, Poplar where they both died. The 1901 Census shows the 10 all their children with Ellen, now a widow.The chidlren were:
Edith (married to George JONES)
Alice Ruth who later married John DAWSON,
Ellen, who married Ralph HARDY.
Walter who married Beatrice AVERY.
Alfred who married Eliza CRICKMAR
Florence Mary who married Harry BROOM
Dorothy who married Algernon SHIRLEY
Marjorie Kate who married Harry (Glynn) SHAW
Winfred who married Ernest GRIMSHAW
George Barnabas who married Beatrice JESSON
If there is anybody out there who is descended from this Lawrence family I would be delighted to hear from you. Many thanks. Jill

Jill

Jill Report 25 Apr 2013 22:37

Hi Reggie,

Thank you for your response.

I am not actualy needing informaton on the 10 people listed as I already have a certain amount on each, including in some cases the Marriage Certs.
I put a post on the board in the hope that there might be a living relative out there somewhere, who might view it.
Thanks
Jill

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 26 Apr 2013 14:32

Hi Jill

You might be interested to know that there are 3 private and 2 members on Ancestry who have this family in their trees.

If you would like me to contact the 2 public tree owners to ask if they would like to share information with you.........let me know.

If they are interested i could then forward your email address to them.

You can view the trees on Ancestry's sister site here....

www.mundia.com/

Prickles.x

Jill

Jill Report 26 Apr 2013 21:16

Dear Prickles,

Many thanks for you reply and advice.

I do subscribe to Ancestry and have a private the on the site and I have viewed trees on there,and been in touch with people I have also been in touch with a number of people on GR regarding members of the family that I mentioned on my original post.

On GR I have a full subscription, but had received some free credits which are due to expire on 27th and so thought I would use them to search for Living Relatives. I had been told that such a search was not covered by a normal full subscription.

This is only the second time I have used the Message Board, but think I had better steer clear of it in future.

Thank you again for your interest and offer of help.
Regards.

Jill