Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kershaws - from Bradford Area

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 3 May 2013 15:57

I am trying to find my Dad's family, his name was John David although he was known as David, His mother was called Freda and his dad was called William. He had two brothers - Jeffrey and Antony (Tony) and two sisters - Sandra and Audrey. He was married to Carol and had two children Tracey and Sarah. I know the family all originate from the Bradford area of West Yorkshire. I need to get in touch with them as Dad died nearly ten years ago and his ashes need to be scattered. Where to scatter them is the question. Any help please!!!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 May 2013 15:58

Can we have some dates please

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 May 2013 16:01

is this dad?
England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2006 about John David Kershaw
Name: John David Kershaw
Birth Date: 27 Jul 1940
Date of Registration: Dec 2003
Age at Death: 63
Registration district: Leeds
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Register Number: K24C
District and Subdistrict: 092/1K
Entry number: 265

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 May 2013 16:14

When was your father last in touch with his family?

If your mother is alive, she should be the one to say where his ashes are scattered.........or otherwise disposed of.

If not, the decision should be made by yourself and your sister. You are his next of kin.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 May 2013 16:16

No birth reg'n on freebmd to match the info on the death record

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 May 2013 16:17

No marriage for William Kershaw to Freda

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 May 2013 16:19

Try looking for the births of the family members

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 May 2013 16:29

i m puzzled too as to why you need to find his family ?? Surely you are his family and its your decision what happens to his ashes

Pamz

Pamz Report 3 May 2013 20:52

Hi Sarah I have sent you a private message....

Oh & Jeffrey's son Simon Christopher has a tree on here, you can find it via the search/search tree icon top right, search Jeffrey Kershaw 1943 or Willie Kershaw 1914 to send Simon a message.

patchem

patchem Report 3 May 2013 21:46

Were the 2 sisters and 2 brothers that you mention, full or half-siblings?

I can find 2 sisters, is this just a co-incidence as cannot see the other siblings;

Births Mar 1950
KERSHAW Sandra A RATCLIFFE Bradford
Births Sep 1951
KERSHAW Audrey RATCLIFFE Bradford

Added;
If these 2 are the sisters, you should check to see who has them in their trees on here.
Added:
However, these sisters appear to have 2 brothers, of different names to those you mention, unfortunately.

patchem

patchem Report 3 May 2013 21:59

Do you know if this is Freda's death?

Freda Kershaw
Birth Date: 30 Jul 1916
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1978
Age at Death: 62
Registration district: Bradford
Inferred County: West Yorkshire
Volume: 4
Page: 0536

patchem

patchem Report 3 May 2013 22:11

Could this be Jeffrey?
Jeffrey Kershaw
Mother's Maiden Surname: Ratcliffe
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1943
Registration district: Wharfedale
Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding

Added:
Do not know why I did nor see him earlier:
John D Kershaw
Mother's Maiden Surname: Ratcliffe
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1940
Registration district: Bradford
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Volume Number: 9b
Page Number: 86

patchem

patchem Report 3 May 2013 22:14

marriage:
Marriages Sep 1938
Kershaw Willie Ratcliffe N.Bierley 9b 96
Ratcliffe Freda Kershaw N.Bierley 9b 96

Freda's birth? (Only not Bradford area)
Births Sep 1916
Ratcliffe Freda Walton Barrow F. 8e 1192

Added:
There are quite a few births for Willie or William in Bradford and in N Bierley, and other areas.

patchem

patchem Report 3 May 2013 22:34

Thanks to locater to adding to your 20.52 post to confirm my postings of the siblings' births and parents marriage.

Pamz

Pamz Report 3 May 2013 22:46

What are you on about, nothing I do has anything to do with 'YOUR POSTINGS', I ask again WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM....

jax

jax Report 3 May 2013 23:02

Are you saying you did not edit your 20.52 posting after Patchem posted???

Because when I looked all it said was "Hi Sarah I have sent you a private message...."

Sarah

Sarah Report 3 May 2013 23:03

Hi patchem, I am sure if this is your family tree, we are related. Could I have a look at it. David married my mum in about 1963 and they had two children my sister Tracey 1967 and me Sarah 1971, they divorced when I was twelve and I lost touch with his family, my mum has limited information, but can't recall all my cousins. My mother's parents were Robert Charles Ginn and Florence Mable Wilson.
I am new to this and just finding my way around the site, not really sure how to work it!!

patchem

patchem Report 3 May 2013 23:08

Hello, Sarah.
Thank-you for getting back to us.
No, it is not my family. I was just trying to work out all your connections with the information that you have given us. Sorry :-(

Pamz

Pamz Report 3 May 2013 23:52

Of coarse I am not saying I did not edit it; it is there edited DER, I am saying what I edited had nothing to do with her postings, I had sent Sarah information in a private message; & because she had already/recently read it; I edited my comment to include the info. from Simon's tree & to make it easy for her to connect to it, what in the Dickens as that got to do with her or you...

Oh & as for stating what my private message included; doing so did not elay the bitching, as on Erica's post yesterday so why the **** should I be bothered....

Sarah's comment in itself confirms that your way is not so helpful, so I suggest you keep your opinions to yourselves as to the way I do things.... <3 ;-)

Taking the trouble to re-read her posts, all that she said of my post is Pop Cock because my amendment was before 22-00; before she mentions Jeffrey and then Willie, who is to say she did not go look up my info on Simon's tree & use it to find Willie's marriage, then come back and add it....

NO I don't care, just get of my back PatchenHam

patchem

patchem Report 4 May 2013 08:06

To return to the search for Sandra, Audrey and Antony.

There were Audrey Kershaw's (with no middle initial) born in Bradford in 1947 and 1951.

Marriages in 1971 to David J Talbot, and in 1981 to James Pearson.

Can your mother remember the names of any children born? That would help in identifying if either was the correct marriage.

Thank-you.