Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding my father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

andrew

andrew Report 4 May 2013 19:37

Hey guys i just signed up today in hopes of finding my father. I have foud him now through marriage records and from details about the wedding and the month from my mother. I just wondered if there was a way i can contact him. I have paid today so i expect you can? Look forward to hearing from you all soon :)

jax

jax Report 4 May 2013 20:21

Hi Andrew welcome to the boards

Does he have a tree on here? if so click in find out more and send a message

Have you looked for him on the Electrol Roll google his name followed by 192.com

andrew

andrew Report 4 May 2013 20:44

I cant seem to find him anywhere but on the marriage records. This is all new to me at the moment

patchem

patchem Report 4 May 2013 21:37

Have you tried 192.com for him?
Do you want to give us information about his name and marriage so we can help you?

andrew

andrew Report 4 May 2013 21:58

I did sign up to 192.com and still have an account there, however there is no email option on there not that i can see. I would be most greatful for any help i can get. Thankyou very much. His name is john derek morgan born in lodelane hospital, solihull in 1963. Married julia murray in july 1988. His mothers name is magret powiel or poweil, and father derek morgan. thankyou very much. Thats about all i know

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 May 2013 22:39

Unless he is GR member, you won't be able to contact him on this site.

His parents are/were Derek A Morgan and Margaret R Powell

The MMN on his birth record is mistranscribed.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 May 2013 22:40

The whole point of 192 is to get a postal address.............e-mail doesn't come into it

It isn't a 'contact' site........it's a site which transcribes Electoral Rolls

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 May 2013 22:42

He almost certainly had/has a sister. Find her birth on freebmd

andrew

andrew Report 4 May 2013 22:50

His sister is called wendy... I found the registration of him in 1963 and his mothers maiden name was not spelt powell.

andrew

andrew Report 4 May 2013 22:53

Sorry i just saw the mmn thing. How have you found this out? Do you have any links please

jax

jax Report 4 May 2013 23:00

Ancestry have mmn as Powell

Genes and FMP have Poweil......which is not a known name in the UK so it is a mistranscription it seems

andrew

andrew Report 4 May 2013 23:06

Ah thank you. I have no idea where to go from here im so close when i seevall the details there but no contact button...

jax

jax Report 4 May 2013 23:10

As Reggie has said if he does'nt have a tree on here you will not be able to contact him on this site.

Do you know where he was last known?

Have you not had any contacts with his parents? they are still living in Birmingham

Tania

Tania Report 4 May 2013 23:18

his parents are on 192.com

andrew

andrew Report 4 May 2013 23:31

Tania. How did you find them. Do you have a link

jax

jax Report 4 May 2013 23:36

I will send the address

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 May 2013 12:53

You posted..............

I have no idea where to go from here im so close when i seevall the details there but no contact button...

Where do you expect to find a 'contact' button?

Please explain, so that proper advice can be given

Ru

Ru Report 7 May 2013 11:50

Andrew, do you understand how genes works?

You become a member of genes in order to use the site to research and compile your family tree.

There are helpers on here, but they are like yourself and are members of genes who give their time to help with searching for families. However, they do need to know a little of what you are seeking and then can only direct you, but do not make contacts or give email addresses - the contacting is for you and you alone to deal with. It should also be noted that any information is of a guiding nature only and the connection is for you to make from the information supplied to you.

I hope this helps.

Sappho