Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Amy Clara Sheppard also known as Dolly

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 9 May 2013 20:55

I am looking for my aunt Amy Clara Sheppard also known as Dolly, born 29 Dec 1919 in Birmingham,uk She left home many years ago and been seen since.
I can`t find a marriage for her,she may not be with us any more .
I would love to know what happened to her,did she have any family.
I have been trying to find Amy (Dolly) for years on no Electoral Rolls as Sheppard
maybe she took someone else`s name i don`t know.
She had 3 sisters Beatrice,Alice (my mother) and Hilda ,brothers Bill,Ted,Arthur,Joe
Len and half brother George Lowe.
If anyone knows of anything about Amy please get in touch.
Regards
Carol

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 May 2013 21:09

Her birth

Name: Amy C Sheppard
Mother's Maiden Surname: Harper
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1920
Registration district: Birmingham
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Volume Number: 6d
Page Number: 637

Not seeing a marriage . Maybe she lived with someone and took their name

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 May 2013 21:12

She could still be alive.

If she passed after 2005/6 then the record won't be online

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 May 2013 22:58

When was she actually last seen?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 9 May 2013 23:14

Thought this sounded familiar!

Carol, might have been better to re-post on this thread to bring it back to peoples' attention - that way everyone can see what has already been suggested, and what other info you have:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1302934

Jan

Carol

Carol Report 10 May 2013 00:17

In about 1939 she was living in the Parade Hockley,Birmingham
When she left home she was living at the Riddings in Stechford.
We know Amy had a child in 1938 who was adopted.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 May 2013 23:19

What name did she use when she registered the birth?

Rose

Carol

Carol Report 10 May 2013 23:51

Eric Sheppard

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 May 2013 18:04

I meant, what did she call herself on the birth cert? Dolly or Amy?

Rose

Carol

Carol Report 12 May 2013 00:30

Sorry she called herself Amy

patchem

patchem Report 12 May 2013 08:59

Carol,
You have deleted the thread that Jan posted the link to.
Could you say what extra information was on there, and where you have looked for her?
Thank-you.

Carol

Carol Report 12 May 2013 12:07

Sorry that link i deleted by accident.
Amy or Dolly as she was known was born Amy Clara Sheppard 29 Dec 1919 in Birmingham to William Sheppard and Beatrice Harper ( Lowe ) she was married before William to George Lowe.
They lived in the Riddings,Stechford Birmingham when Amy left home.
In 1938 Amy had a child her father through her out , on the childs birth certicate it
said Amy was living at 71a The Parade Hockley,Birmingham and the child was adopted.
I have looked on Electoral Rolls from 1938 no trace of her ,Salvation Army can`t find her.
Where she was living in the Parade there was a plating factory ,i know she was working in a plating factory not sure if that is the one though.
But i know the father of the child was the gaffers son in a factory.
but i don`t know his name.
Amy had 3 sisters Beatrice,Alice my mother and Hilda,brothers William,Henry(Joe)
Edward (Ted),Arthur and John (Len)
Could not get any answers from them but i am sure they knew something but were not saying anything.
There is no marriage for Amy so it is a complete mystery ,i wish i could find out what happened to her
By the way Amy was actually born in Camden Street ,Hockley,This is all i know about Amy.

Carol

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 May 2013 14:35

Well - you are certainly trying every avenue. A simple search for her name on the internet brings up at least 4 posts on different forums. That is *not* meant as a criticism!

There was one result not posted by yourself - are you aware of it?

http://www.searchline.ltd.uk/contactregister.aspx?pageIndex=117

Searcher: dianne
Searching for: Eric Sheppard
Comment: I am trying to find my cousin born Eric Sheppard born March 1938 at 38 the Riddings, Stechford Birmingham United Kingdom. He was adopted sometime after May 1938 and his last known address was 71a The Parade, Birmingham where he still lived with his Birth Mother Amy Sheppard., after that he and his mother disappeared but Eric was definately adopted , despite many years searching by both myself and my cousin we have never been able to locate Eric or his birth mother Amy , have never been able to find a marriage or death certificate for Amy so do not know if Eric was adopted by any man Amy may have married. Any help/information would be appreciated. Dianne
Date posted:
27/08/2009 18:41:27

As another avenue, have you found the 2 birth reg - Amy and Eric's - on freebmd? You could add a post'em to the entries asking relatives with any knowledge to contact you. Leave a dedicated email address you've created specially eg @gmail or some other free site. You don't have many characters to use, so plan the message you want to leave carefully.

Carol

Carol Report 12 May 2013 20:58

I was not aware of this message but Dianne is my cousin and we both have been
looking for Amy and Eric,we have been puttiing messages on differerent forums
hoping somebody might Know something
I have my name on the Adoption Register they told me as yet Eric as never tried to contact his family.
Thankyou i will try this you never know i will try anything.
Carol

Nevean

Nevean Report 1 Jan 2016 21:46

Hi Carol and Diane,

I've sent both you of you private messages.

I'm looking for information on my nan who I believe may be the Any you've been searching for.

Many thanks,
Nevean

Nevean

Nevean Report 2 Jan 2016 16:18

If anyone has any contact details for Dianne Roberts or Carol Martin (Worrall) please could you contact me or direct them to this page.

I believe the same Amy Clara Shepperd they have been searching for from 2005 till 2014 (last post found) might be my nan.

Thanks,
Nevean

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 2 Jan 2016 17:12

Hi Nevean, just so you know, when you send a private message to someone, the site sends an email notification to the recipient ... as long as the email address in their account here is current, they will receive it

Carol joined in 2004 and she may unfortunately not have kept her account up to date (always best to use a permanent on line address for one's account here so as never to miss messages)

you can check your 'sent messages' folder to see whether your message has been opened

if it hasn't, there will still be a green envelope showing beside it

since this is still the holidays, Carol may not be checking her mail for a bit :-)

... actually I've checked at http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk
and verified at 192.com that the info is current

so I'll just send you the contact info :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jan 2016 17:13

Nevean - we discussed this last night by PM. Click on Carol's message to send her a PM (personal message)

Assuming she is still using the same linked email address, she will receive notification.

Give it time. Many people are enjoying the last weekend before they have to go back to work. They won't necessarily be checking their emails.

Nevean

Nevean Report 2 Jan 2016 18:09

Thank you all. I think I have made contact with Dianne. Thank you for your help.