Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1972 adoption

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beth

Beth Report 13 Jun 2013 12:02

Looking for information on my birth family, I was born Michelle Susan squire in Luton in December 72, mothers name Janet born in Bridgend 1955. It seems she married a man by the name of middleston in 74 a year after my adoption who I believe could be my father but I've drawn a blank with any further information regarding him or any other family members. Any advice would be great fully received

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jun 2013 12:09

Add yourself to the national adoption contact register............your mother may have done so as well.

Is there anything on your original birth cert to suggest who your father might actually have been?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jun 2013 12:13

Look on freebmd for Janet's birth..........then look for the marriage of her parents........

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 13 Jun 2013 14:14

Would suggest you buy your mum's birth cert and marriage cert first
This would then show her fathers name.
Also the addresses

As there are other Sharp/Squire marriages this would help you to know which is which.

jax

jax Report 13 Jun 2013 14:52

Nanasue

Please remove these details of poss living people...Beth seems to know about the marriage and the birth as she has already mentioned it

As for the marriage of Janets parents there is only one it could be, as long as her mother had not been married before...or infact they even married at all

15.42 post sent for review

patchem

patchem Report 13 Jun 2013 18:37

Welcome to the boards, Beth.

There are very few records for Middleston in free bmd, and several of those are actually Middleton, so that is worth considering for him also.

jax

jax Report 13 Jun 2013 19:18

Are you sure it is the correct Janet? as there is one born London area in 1951 and a poss marriage for the 1955 one in 1992 which looks more likely considering where they lived and poss still live

Beth

Beth Report 13 Jun 2013 19:54

Thank you so much for all your replies, I'm pretty sure I've found the right Janet, she would have been 17 years old at the time of my birth , middle name Ann according to my birth certificate. It's possible that she could have been born anywhere as I believe her father was RAF and moved around the country according to his postings. My fathers name was John but I have no official proof that they remained together after my adoption except that it is implied in the notes my adoptive parents gathered ( in anticipation of the day I'd ask! God bless them)

jax

jax Report 13 Jun 2013 20:00

So It actually says she was 17 when you were born?

Beth

Beth Report 13 Jun 2013 20:08

I have something of an essay that my father volunteered to the social workers to be given to adoptive parents. It contains a fair amount of background on the family but very little usable information i.e. I can tell you what her hobbies were but not where she was born. My mother was 17 and my father was 20 at the time of my birth

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Jun 2013 20:58

Do you have an address on your birth cert Beth?
No need to reveal it, obviously!
Jan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Jun 2013 22:03

Don't think the marriage you found is the correct one.

Will PM you her name now.

Rose

jax

jax Report 13 Jun 2013 22:12

I have spoken to Beth by pm and asked if she knew what Janets parents names were (which she didn't know)...she has ordered the 1972 marriage cert which could be a first marriage? in which case if the father is who I think it is she probably remarried in 1992 is that what you are thinking also Rose?

Beth

Beth Report 13 Jun 2013 22:29

You guys are awesome! It hadn't occurred to me to look for a second marriage but the pieces all seem to fit. Thank you all so much x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Jun 2013 22:54

Jax,

Yes, I saw the 1992 marriage and it ties in with where she is now and where her parents and siblings live.

Rose

jax

jax Report 14 Jun 2013 15:15

Oh look more have gone :-D :-D

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2013 16:32

It really is time that GR took some action against this individual

Kevin

Kevin Report 28 Jul 2014 22:12

Hi Beth,my name is Kevin,I'm Janet's younger brother.I remember your birth quite clearly,I was 11 at the time. We live in west wales now,if you would like any information please reply and I will tell you what ever I can. Kevin.

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 28 Jul 2014 22:26

kevin

To make contact with beth, click on her name and send a message.

If she hasn't changed the e-mail she registered with Genes, they will notify her of it.