Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for my father.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leah

Leah Report 22 Jun 2013 09:15

I've been trying to find my father from a young age and there has still been no success. I have very little information about him. His name is Christopher Clayton and possibly lives in failsworth, manchester. He could be in his 50's. He dated my mother, Tracey Oconnell. Im 23 and have still never met him. If anyone has any information, it would be gratefully appreciated. Thankyou.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 22 Jun 2013 09:33

Hi Leah and welcome to the boards.

Do you know if Christopher had any siblings?

Do you know the names of his parents?

Leah

Leah Report 22 Jun 2013 09:36

I think he had a brother or two. He mums name could possibly be shirley. Dont know about his dad. I have such little information. This is why it has been so hard to find him :(

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 22 Jun 2013 09:42

The names of any siblings would be good because we might then be able to pinpoint him with his Mothers maiden name.

Leah

Leah Report 22 Jun 2013 09:48

I honestly couldnt tell you. I recently found out he could have a nephew called daniel 'danny' clayton. Which proves he has atleast 1 brother. Im so stuck :( and apparently he used to drink in the 8 bells pub in Failsworth. I think his mums name is clayton too but I dont know what her maiden name is.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 22 Jun 2013 10:03

If you haven't already.........you could check out Facebook and BT.com.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Jun 2013 19:54

Does he know about you?

If you look for Shirleys who married a Clayton and then use her maiden name, there's a Christopher born 1956/1957 who has several brothers.

Shirley looks to be still in Failsworth.

Rose

Leah

Leah Report 22 Jun 2013 21:54

Oh my goodness! My mum mentioned that she thinks his mum was called shirley. He does know about me but hasnt had contact since he saw me just after I was born andstill at hospital. Thankyou so much for your help x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Jun 2013 00:48

Will PM you what I think is is birth from FreeBMD.

Rose

Graham

Graham Report 23 Jun 2013 17:10

There are 2 people called Christopher Clayton in their 50s on the 2013 electoral roll for Manchester. There might be others who have elected to be omitted from the electoral roll. And (if you're unsure about the accuracy of your information) there is always the possibility that he may be living elsewhere.

Leah

Leah Report 24 Jun 2013 12:19

I think I have found out some more information. His mother is Shirley M Clayton. She lives in failsworth, manchester. I typed this into google maps and it is right near the Eight Bells pub where apparently my father used to, or could still drink. I cannot find a phone number for her though. Does anyone know any websites that can help me find her phone number?? Thankyou in advance :)

Graham

Graham Report 24 Jun 2013 12:46

I found her on 192.com. There is no phone number listed. So she might be ex-directory. The only other person listed at that address is Stephen Clayton.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Jun 2013 13:27

Leah
I know you are keen to find your dad but please remove his mums address as its an invasion of her privacy and not allowed on this site as its an open site .

Try BTonline phonebook for a poss. tel nos .but she may well be ex dir .

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Jun 2013 13:31

wouldn't it be better to write to her first rather than ring up out of the blue ??

Leah

Leah Report 24 Jun 2013 14:29

Ive already tried bt etc and found no numbers. My mum has written a letter to her in the past and had no reply. So I thought this would be the next step.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Jun 2013 14:37

Well with no number. You are stuck.

Why don't you write to her .maybe she will respond to you

Leah

Leah Report 24 Jun 2013 22:04

I think I may have found him! :) Christopher J Clayton, Mothers maiden name - Grimshaw. Birth year - 1957. Found a phone number too! YIPPEEE! Thankyou everyone for your help. Words cannot describe how much this means to me.