Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Derrick Cornwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 5 Jul 2013 17:35

If any one has any information on the were abouts of Derrick Cornwell born 1936, in Newmarket, Suffolk, England. i believe he went to live in America possibly under a different name, he disappeared in the 1950's. his father received a letter many years later to say he was in America, although the letter was posted in this country, he said he was passing through. As far as i am aware no further searches have been made. I realise it may be very difficult to find Derrick if he has changed his name. If you have any info please leave me a message.

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2013 18:12

Could you tell us where you have looked for him, so we do not duplicate the searches, or advice?
Do you know when and where he was last known?

Thank-you

Just to add, it is Cornwell, as you have put Cornwall in your message.

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 5 Jul 2013 18:14

Sent PM Derek in 192.com 2013 electoral roll, possibly a Nursing Home.

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2013 18:20

Donald Cornwell, 1932, Newmarket, could be a brother, and he is in someone's tree on here.

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2013 18:22

Kenneth,
The spelling was Derrick, is that the one you found on 192.com?

Susan

Susan Report 5 Jul 2013 21:53

Yes Donald is his brother and the tree is my family tree. Thanks for your reply.

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2013 22:40

Susan,
Have you also posted as David Richards, as it is his tree?

Added:
Just read your amended opening post.
Makes more sense now, as no other signs of him.

Susan

Susan Report 6 Jul 2013 08:06

No not posted as David Richards, will look into this lead. Thanks