Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cannot see full text for births 1967?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debra

Debra Report 15 Jul 2013 21:54

Hi everyone,

I am unable to see my birth record as the bottom of the page is not visible, can anyone explain how I can view the full page please?
I have tried panning out etc but to no avail?

The record is for birth - may 1967 Debra Ann Barrett - mothers maiden name is Strange.
Please can someone help me to view this full page?
Thanks everyone
Debra

Reggie

Reggie Report 15 Jul 2013 21:57

Which site are you using?

Reggie

Reggie Report 15 Jul 2013 21:59

Name: BARRETT, Debra Ann
Registration district: Lewes
County: Sussex
Year of registration: 1967
Quarter of registration: Apr-May-Jun
Mother's maiden name: Strange
Volume no:5H
Page no:467

Debra

Debra Report 15 Jul 2013 22:06

Hi Reggie
Sorry I have just been able to read the information you posted.
My request however was to view the full page as I believe I may have been a twin but I cannot see the actual page as it won't scroll down past the surname Barrell...?

Debra

Debra Report 15 Jul 2013 22:07

I forgot to say I am using genes reunited x

Reggie

Reggie Report 15 Jul 2013 22:10

Only one entry for Barrett/Strange

If you were a twin, the time of your birth would be on your birth cert

Yours is the only Barrett birth recorded in Lewes in 1967.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 15 Jul 2013 22:11

Debra, using Ancestry there is no ref to there being a twin, another child two years after you which I expect you know.

Debra

Debra Report 15 Jul 2013 22:11

But how ill that help me to look for records of a time reggae, knowing what time I was borne.?

Debra

Debra Report 15 Jul 2013 22:12

Hello rambling rose,
Yes that is my younger sister.
ok thank you for the information I am most grateful xx

jax

jax Report 16 Jul 2013 00:23

If your actual birth certificate has a time on it you may have been a twin....as there is no other births recorded it would not have been a live birth.

You cannot see birth certs online, if you do not have a copy you would need to purchase one through GRO...£9.25

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

Penny

Penny Report 16 Jul 2013 06:42

It is only twin birth certs that have a time on, singleton births don't. Hence if your cert had a time on it, it would indicate a twin birth.

as has been mentioned above, there doesn't appear to be a second birth registered, not a 'live' birth anyway.

why do you think you were a twin?