Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 25 Jul 2013 11:49

hi

a contact asked me to open my full tree for them to view not sure what they mean? i have opened my tree.

and also somebody has they same relative as myself on their tree but it says the marriage has been blocked by tree owner not sure why this is as we have the same relative and i know her husbands name any ideas please?

thanks Gill

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 12:40

I hope that you are certain of the trustworthiness of the person to whom you have given access to your tree.

Not sure about the second part of your post...............what are you trying to find out? Is the info about living people?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jul 2013 12:43

If you have opened your tree then they can see all you have put into it.

If the marriage is for people still living then the info can be blocked so its private and not available just by googling names.

The Internet with personal info isnt secure so some will block the access to any such info

Gillian

Gillian Report 25 Jul 2013 12:44

hi

the info is about people who have died but the person has same person on his tree and i have on mine but the marriage details have been blocked so you cannot see who relative was married to? i know the marriage details of these peoplejust wondered why they are blocked.
regards

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 13:10

Ask the tree owner..............some people are more careful than others about sharing/displaying info