Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tell How old membership number is ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Jul 2013 23:55

Is there still a way to tell when a member joined this site ? when you clicked onto to post a message to someone , it used to say how long they had been on this site for, is there anyway to find that out now ? thanks

jax

jax Report 26 Jul 2013 01:45

Roughly you can

From 2007 the numbers have gone up approx. a million each year so I joined in 2007 and my membership number is 7 million + new members joining in 2013 have a membership number 13 million+

Before that it is harder but obviously longer than 6 years ago

If you put your curser over my profile pic you can see when I joined, but if you are sending a message via the search trees you will only see a number...you can see my number at the bottom left of the screen if you hover your curser over my name

Sheila

Sheila Report 26 Jul 2013 20:02

Hi Jax,

Thanks for getting back to me, I know if there is a post you can get the number, the amount of posts the person have submitted and when they joined. But if you want to send a message to someone then it is now a rough estimate of when they joined bu their membership number ?

jax

jax Report 26 Jul 2013 20:21

Is this when you find a contact through the search trees?

If so, as I said just look at the number by their name after you have clicked on find out more...it is only a rough estimate though

They have never said how long someone has been a member on there (not to my knowledge anyway)...only under the profile pic for the last two years

Sheila

Sheila Report 26 Jul 2013 21:25

Yes, it is :) just wondered many times people are not replying to messages, helps to be able to know when they joined the site.