Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

seeking birth family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

karen

karen Report 5 Aug 2013 21:52

I was born Janet childs in harwarden Clywd on 23/4/1959. I think my parents may have been been James m and Elizabeth d child's and it was confirmed that I had an elder brother and twin brother and sister. I M very much a beginner at this and would really appreciate any help

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Aug 2013 22:05

Add yourself to the national adoption contact register

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

karen

karen Report 5 Aug 2013 23:34

I had thought about it. I went on the nor cap website but its closed. Will look into it. Thanks

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Aug 2013 23:45

Karen have you accessed your adoption records? as you say you "think" the above may be your parents?

karen

karen Report 6 Aug 2013 00:34

No I haven't any official records apart from letters and information given to my adopted parents at the time. There was a small amount of family history given and this is what I've based my searching on. I think I may have found the names of my siblings but I don't know how to double check my information .

karen

karen Report 6 Aug 2013 00:35

No I haven't any official records apart from letters and information given to my adopted parents at the time. There was a small amount of family history given and this is what I've based my searching on. I think I may have found the names of my siblings but I don't know how to double check my information .

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Aug 2013 00:37

You need to get your adoption file and birth certificate.

Births Jun 1959
CHILDS Janet JONES Hawarden 8a 541

Your mum's maiden name was Jones.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Aug 2013 00:39

I think I see twins born in 1957 in Wrexham. Harder to trace the other sibling as there are several Childs/Jones births.

Will PM the birth registration for the twins.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Aug 2013 00:47

Looking for Childs/Jones marriages in the area:

Marriages Jun 1953
CHILDS James M JONES Hawarden 8a 881
JONES Elizabeth D CHILDS Hawarden 8a 881

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Aug 2013 00:51

Go to Search All Member Trees at the top and look for those names I sent. Someone called Robert has them in his tree.

Rose