Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking For Maureen Warwick Smith (Nee Hill)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MaggieP

MaggieP Report 10 Aug 2013 16:01

Would love to find this lady who is my husband's cousin. She was born in 1942 and her father was Norman Warwick Hill (1913-2004) who lived for a time in Kenya and then in Gloucestershire. She married a Kenneth Smith in 1961, as far as we can trace things. Moya (my mother-in-law) was next in age to Norman (the eldest) in a family that went in to double figures. It would be nice to share with her the family genealogy.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

patchem

patchem Report 10 Aug 2013 16:07

Have you managed to identify any children for her?
Thanks.

Added:
Where were Norman and Moya born? Is she Moya W?

MaggieP

MaggieP Report 10 Aug 2013 16:57

They were born in London (Moya definitely in Fulham) , and no, we don't know Maureen's children at all. Moya and Norman's siblings (nine sisters and one brother) were all younger, and four are still alive today.
Parents of this large family were Albert Justus Hill (Clem to the family, born 15 Mar 1891 and died 29 Apr 1972) and Alice Mary Warwick (Born15 Apr 1890 and died 14 Feb 1971). They married in Brentford Registry Office on 17 Dec 1912.
After WW1, the family moved for a while to Kenya. When they returned to England it is thought that Norman stayed in Africa, and with WWII, the family were never reunited.
Before Moya's death in 2010, I had managed to trace Norman back to England, only to find he had died in 2004. I had always hoped to find Norman's daughter(s) in time for Moya, but it was not to be. Maybe the Smith surname made it difficult. Anyway, I know the remaining family would be delighted to find Norman's descendants.

MaggieP

MaggieP Report 10 Aug 2013 16:59

Oh, and sorry - Moya's middle name was Warwick. This was a family name for the Hills. It is my husbands middle name and my sons christain name.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Aug 2013 17:03

Who registered Norman's death.?

Gwyn

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 10 Aug 2013 17:06

If you have the details of Norman's death, it may be worth sending for the cert., which will give you the name and address of the informant, which may be a relative.
Liz

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Aug 2013 17:19

just cos it came up
Name: Maureen Warwick Hill
Birth Date: abt 1942
Departure Date: 6 Oct 1951
Port of Departure: London, England
Destination Port: Beira, Mozambique
Ship Name: Mulbera
Search Ship Database: Search the 'Mulbera' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Shipping Line: P and O
Official Number: 146298
Master: E J Baines

travelling with Norman Warwick ,aged 37 occ surveyor, Violet Frances aged 31and Jean Warwick aged 7 home address 18 Boxtree Road Harrow Weald

intending to live in Southern Rhodesia

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Aug 2013 17:23

didnt use her second name of Warwick when she married in 1961 to kenneth F Smith

MaggieP

MaggieP Report 10 Aug 2013 17:50

Maureen registered her father's death in 2004, which is partly how I have traced her so far. However she moved from Newnham a couple of years later and with a surname of Smith it is a needle in a haystack with the electoral roll search. I live in hope.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 10 Aug 2013 20:23

Have you tried writing to the current occupants at the address for 2002, and ask if they have a forwarding address for Maureen - or if any neighbour knows of her new address/area - Liz