Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rudolph D Spiller 1939 Sunderland Durham.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cozynook

cozynook Report 10 Aug 2013 23:35

I am searching for anyone who may be able to help re Rudolph D Spiller born 1939 in Sunderland Co Durham . his mothers name was Lydia Spiller ( Finley) maiden name .. He may possibly have had a sister Sylvia ....Any information would help and be appreciated ..Many thanks ............. :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Aug 2013 23:53

just for ref

Marriages Dec 1930 (>99%)
Finley Lydia Spiller Sunderland 10a 1340
Spiller William Finley Sunderland 10a 1340

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Aug 2013 23:54

Doesn't appear that there are any other children to that marriage apart from Rudolph.

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Aug 2013 23:57

possible second marriage for Lydia in 1942 to Cook

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Aug 2013 00:08

Always suspicious when there's a big gap between the first child and the marriage.

Rudolph was also registered under the name Davison, which would imply his dad wasn't William.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Aug 2013 00:11

Looks like his sister was born before the marriage.

Rose

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Aug 2013 00:16

There's a marriage in 1963 for a Rudolph D M Davison? Sunderland.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Aug 2013 00:40

He was on the electoral roll until 2004 and then moved.

Rose

cozynook

cozynook Report 11 Aug 2013 22:38

Many thanks RamblingRose and Rose ...

You have come up with my cousins marriage details Sunderland ,Lydia Finley , i have only just stumbled across the name of Rudolph yesterday and was elated to find a child of Lydia's ... Her mother was my grt aunt ' sister of my grandad ....
There's also a marriage mentioned for a Rudolph D M Davison - i will look for that , as well as the birth details and send off for the GRO certificates . see whats what ..
Do you think he may still be on the electoral roll - or maybe passed ...

The second marriage to a Cook may be useful , so am searching for all details needed ...

Its a very long time since i last posted a message , and being truthful didn't think i would hear anything from my posting re Rudolph .. Results straight away incredible ... Thanking you so much a big help to me now , health probs wont let me sit for long spinal and housebound, so results like this are extra specials and im so happy ... :-D Joyce :-D

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 12 Aug 2013 05:32

Hi Joyce,

Have you looked at Search and then Search All Member Trees on here? Beverley has Rudolph in her tree. I suspect she is his daughter in law.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Aug 2013 10:18

He isn't on the current ER - but that doesn't mean that he has died.

People can opt out of the public ER..............

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Aug 2013 10:24

This MAY be the person who was at the same address in 2002 and 2003

Death
Name: DAVISON, Elizabeth
Registration district: Sunderland
County: Durham
Year of registration: 2003
Month of registration: December
Date of Birth:4 February 1938
District no: 0581E
Reg no: E67E
Ent no: 007
DOR: 1203

EDIT

I'd say it almost certainly is.............the 1963 marriage was to Elizabeth Stephenson

cozynook

cozynook Report 12 Aug 2013 16:41

Thank you so much Rose and Reggie ,
Just read your postings and the info looks promising ... Will go into Search and try Search Members Tree's , do hope its the same Rudolph worth a try anyway ... Also going to follow and check on your info Reggie and see if i can find out anything else ...Getting quite elated now silly really , thats the Family Tree bug for you ...
Will post as and when i find out more information .................

Thank you both for helping me ..................

Joyce :-) :-) :-) :-D :-) ;-)

cozynook

cozynook Report 12 Aug 2013 16:55

Hi Rose ,
Just tried searching as you suggested , for a Rudolph Spiller in members tree's nothing ...
Tried Rudolph Davison nothing ....

Can you possibly give me the details of the name you entered to find him in Beverley's tree ... Thank you and apologies for being a pest ........ :-)

jax

jax Report 12 Aug 2013 17:35

Just put in Rudolph Davison ...nothing else

Beverleys membership number is about 3 or 4 years old so she may still have an active email address

cozynook

cozynook Report 12 Aug 2013 18:37

Thank you jax , did as you suggested and Bingo found Beverley !!

Have sent a message , just hope Beverley is still active on Genes R ....

It would be such a shame to miss a family connection .... May i say a huge thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to send me replies ...

Will post a message eventually with any updates , keep fingers crossed for a good result please .... :-) Joyce :-)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 12 Aug 2013 19:09

Beverley is on 192.com with David who looks to be Rudolph's son. You could always write to her if emailing doesn't work.

Rose

cozynook

cozynook Report 12 Aug 2013 22:49

Many thanks Rose . I will have a look for her on 192 .... If there's no reply i shall certainly send Beverley a letter ....
Its most certainly relations ' i have so much info she could use for her F/T on the female side (Finley - Lydia ) and lots of Ancestors etc ....

Would be so nice if she did reply to my G/R message .... Hoping for a positive result .... Joyce :-D

cozynook

cozynook Report 16 Aug 2013 16:08

Hi Rose ,
Found a B Davison in Sunderland , foned up but it was a Brian Davison ... We chatted briefly i left details just in case .... He didn't know any of the names or background of the people i mentioned .
Have searched for a Beverley with a David on 192 but am totally unable to find an address .... Its necessary to subscibe to find out more info but its a lot of money for 1 person , at 74 on a ordinary pension its out of the question ..... Not heard anything from my message I sent on G/R , so will hold my breath and be patient .........Many thanks for yr previous help ............ :-(