Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Albert Joseph Snelling

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vicki

Vicki Report 14 Aug 2013 21:13

Hi all, I hope that someone can help me find the above person. He is my father and I am not sure whether he is still alive or not. The family haven't seen or heard from him since the early 60's. He was last seen in Melbourne Australia, he spoke then about moving up to Dandenong. My name is Vicki Holland nee Snelling, I have a brother called Peter David Snelling. My mother's name is Doris May Snelling. Any little piece of information will help me.
Thankyou

patchem

patchem Report 14 Aug 2013 21:36

Welcome to the boards, Vicki.

I suggest that you alter your posting title to include 'Australia'.
That way, people who have experience of Australian records will see your post and can offer help.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Aug 2013 23:41

I see him on the 1963 electoral but that's it.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Aug 2013 23:50

Is this his birth?

Births Dec 1926
Snelling Albert J Brown Stepney 1c 322

Someone called Linda has him in her tree.

Rose

Valerie

Valerie Report 15 Aug 2013 05:46

Hi Vicki ...the 'VIC State Library' has an 'Ask Us' librarian service (on-line)...they will check electoral rolls past & present. Hopefully they will trace him for you.
Valerie (WAus)

Vicki

Vicki Report 20 Aug 2013 21:36

Thankyou so much.

Vicki

Vicki Report 16 Apr 2014 20:25

Hi Linda, Sorry I think that you got the wrong end of the stick. I know that you are not my husbands first wife. I am looking for my father. He was born in east London in 1925. I just want to know whether he is still alive. sorry if I upset you. Vicki :-( :-( :-(

Vicki

Vicki Report 16 Apr 2014 20:26

Hi Linda, Sorry I think that you got the wrong end of the stick. I know that you are not my husbands first wife. I am looking for my father. He was born in east London in 1925. I just want to know whether he is still alive. sorry if I upset you. Vicki :-( :-( :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Apr 2014 20:40

Vicki – you’ve misunderstood Rose’s post.

She suggests that you use the Search all members trees function (top right of the screen) and see who else is researching Albert J Snelling b 1926 from Hackney. Last year, a member called Linda had him listed on her tree.
If you repeat the search, you can click on the ‘find out more’ button next to the listing and send Linda a message.
………….
The comment
Researching:
I am not related to you and I'm not your husband's first wife!

Is intended to stop people she helps assuming that there is a family relationship. Many of us who try to assist other members will have added something relevant.

Mine says
Researching:
I am NOT an employee of GR, just a paying member. Any advice, guidance or suggestion offered is given in good faith.

Another picked out at random
Researching:
To get email notification of replies to your post, click WATCH THIS at the top of it!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Apr 2014 20:47

Did you follow through with the Ask a Librarian service? Were they of any help??

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 17 Apr 2014 13:42

Marriages Mar 1951
FLEMING Doris M SNELLING Stepney 5d 1581
SNELLING Albert J FLEMING Stepney 5d 1581

NOTE HIS DATE OF BIRTH which will sadly help if he has passed away

Passenger Lists leaving UK 1890-1960 Transcription
First Name ALBERT J
Last Name SNELLING
Title -
Age Transcribed -
Year 1959
Departure Month 6
Departure Day 2
Ship name STRATHNAVER
Ship Departure Port LONDON
Destination Port MELBOURNE
State Victoria
Country AUSTRALIA
Destination MELBOURNE
Destination Place Country AUSTRALIA
Gender Male
Marital Status M
Occupation FACTORY WORKER
Year Of Birth 1926 <<<<<<<<<<<<
Birth Month 9
Birth Day 28 -
City LONDON
Ship Destination Port SYDNEY
Ship Destination Country AUSTRALIA

Valerie

Valerie Report 18 Apr 2014 05:25

...can't see any death for him on the 'Ryerson Index' - which has newspaper death records up to present day.

Valerie (WAus)