Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding my father who has been gone for 25years

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carly

Carly Report 15 Aug 2013 11:45

My name is Carly O'donoghue,

I am looking for any help or tips possible to find my father John Jeremiah O'donoghue, he was born in Nelson, East Glamorgan. His Parents were Elizabeth Doonan and Patrick O'donoghue who are both deceased, they originate from Cork in Ireland.

My dad is one of seven children and none of his siblings have heard from him in 25 years either.

He has been married three times that I know of, his first marriage to a lady called Marion, in the city of Newport, South Wales, they had two children together, Kelvin and Emma, who I am in contact with, they haven't seen him either.

His second marriage was to a lady called Beverley Manship (my mother). This marriage took place in the Newport/Cwmbran area, they had two children, twin girls Carly O'donoghue (me) and my sister Jo-anne O'donoghue, we were born 1st July 1983 in the Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport. After we were born my parents moved to Weymouth, Dorset.

My parents divorced in the 80's and approximately 1989-1991 my Dad remarried an australian lady called Deborah Smith, it was in the Dorset evening echo, and that was the last time anybody heard from him. Apparently he may have worked in Saudi Arabia or even emigrated to Australia. He could be deceased for all I know.

Any help would be appreciated as I keep hitting a brick wall, I have even contemplated hiring a private investigator.

Kind regards,

Carly O'donoghue

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Aug 2013 12:01

Duplicate posts are not allowed, Carly.............please delete this one

And posting the actual DOB of a living person is also contrary to site guidelines

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/864225

Carly

Carly Report 15 Aug 2013 12:15

Reggie, he may be deceased so technically may not be a living person, but I have removed the date of birth, thanks for the heads up.

Carly

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Aug 2013 12:35

Now please delete this thread.............one per topic is the site 'rule'

EDIT

I see that you have deleted the original.....................together with all the replies on it, which included advice you seem not to have followed..............

Kay????

Kay???? Report 15 Aug 2013 13:48

Hi Carley,

Try Electrol Rolls on this site,,,,,,Search top right drop down menu ,,,,,credits will be needed to view the results for addresses....he may just be living at the same property of someone of a different surname>?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Aug 2013 18:51

Did you ever contact Eileen? If she's already in Australia, she might be able to help.

http://www.odonoghue.co.uk/dphorum/read.php?1,825

Rose

Valerie

Valerie Report 16 Aug 2013 01:28

Hi... can't see him/them in Aus ...(or death) ... the 'National Library of Aus' (Canberra) (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service ...they could check electoral rolls (past & present).
Valerie (WAus)