Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

  • The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census


  • New posts
  • No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding my parents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date


Gemma Report 20 Aug 2013 22:33

Hi (using my wife`s account!) My name is Jeremy Harris, I was born 25/01/1974 at walsgrave hospital in Coventry, I was adopted after just a few days, my birth name was Stephen Davies but adopted parents changed it to Jeremy Harris. All I know is that my mother was young and the family lived in Wales. Please if you can help then send me a message

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Aug 2013 22:37

Have you got your original birth cert for your mums name.

Also have you got your adoption file. You are entitled to have it


Gemma Report 21 Aug 2013 10:24

No I haven't got anything. My adopted parents have got a file but I don't want to get them involved as I think it would upset them


Reggie Report 21 Aug 2013 10:41

You could buy your birth cert.................but I would strongly advise against your trying to contact your birth mother except through the proper channels......................

You don't know the circumstances which caused her to give you up, or whether any of her current family have any knowledge of your existence.

These matters need to be handled by specially-trained professionals


Reggie Report 21 Aug 2013 10:43

DAVIES, Stephen
Registration district: Coventry
County: Warwickshire
Year of registration: 1974
Quarter of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Mother's maiden name: Davies
Volume no:9C
Page no:2389S


Reggie Report 21 Aug 2013 10:45

You should put yourself in your GR tree in your birth may result in contact from someone connected

As your wife obviously has you in her tree in your current name, you'd need to create a GR account of your own................which you can do for free.


+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Aug 2013 18:58

Contact the SS or Adoption Agency to arrange to view your file - your parents do not need to be involved.

You'll have a better idea of the circumstances surrounding your adoption - some details your parents may not be aware of - and you'll be given the support and guidance to follow through.