Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ian Webb - Faulkner

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dave

Dave Report 12 Sep 2013 16:09

Hi my name is Dave and I am looking for my Brother Ian.

We were both at Seaview Childrens Home in Shoebury, Essex between 1960 and 62. I was 4 and Ian was 5 and half when we first went there.

In 1962 we were sent to foster parents where I stay until 1977 but Ian returned to Seaview Homes in 1965 and I have not seen him since then.

If anyone has any information about Ian, however long ago, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you for reading this. All the best Dave

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Sep 2013 16:19

Can the home give you any info on him .ie when he left them finally . They would usually fix him up with digs if he was working age when he left

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Sep 2013 16:24

Where does Faulkner fit in ?

Elliot81

Elliot81 Report 12 Sep 2013 16:29

Is Ian Webb-Faulkner your brothers name? Why is your different?

Regards
Elliot

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Sep 2013 16:31

Are you David Hart mmn Webb ?

If so wouldn't Ian be Hart mmn Webb too ?

Dave

Dave Report 12 Sep 2013 22:01

We were both adopted by different parents.

patchem

patchem Report 12 Sep 2013 22:02

Dave has Ian Webb, 1954, Chiswick, Hounslow in his tree on here.

patchem

patchem Report 12 Sep 2013 22:05

Sorry, do not understand.
What were your birth names, and were you fostered or adopted?
How did you find out Ian's adopted name?
Thank-you

Elliot81

Elliot81 Report 12 Sep 2013 23:44

So you were born David and Ian Webb? You were adopted by the Hart family? And Ian was adopted by the Faulkner family?

You say you were fostered for 15 years but your brother went back to the home after 2 years? Did your foster family adopt you? Did you hear anything (rather than see him) of your brother after 1965?

:-S

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 13 Sep 2013 02:25

Looks like Dave does not know where he himself was born as there is no area on his family tree.

Wonder if any of the others on GR family tree who have Ian Webb 1954, have a link ?

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 13 Sep 2013 02:59

Post removed by FAIRTHORN

( see thread )

Elliot81

Elliot81 Report 13 Sep 2013 07:19

I'm sorry, I need more information. I see 3 surnames in this thread: Hart, Webb and Faulkner. Are those birth names? All adopted names? Are David and Ian your birth names?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Sep 2013 09:45

So David's birth record indicates adopted by the small s against the page nos meaning only a small cert would be issued which wouldn't give parents names

Ian's doesn't though .

David ,how did you find his new surname and did you find he kept his Christian Ian?

Dave

Dave Report 13 Sep 2013 18:02

The home no longer exists

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Sep 2013 18:18

You haven't answered the other questions so we can try to help

Even if the home no longer exists social services should have some records for both of you

Dave

Dave Report 13 Sep 2013 20:34

First of all I would like to make it clear that I put this link on here, on the off chance that I might find Ian, I know about my details it is Ian I am trying to find.

I appreciated all the effort and interest that people have taken. What I do not appreciated is when people talk about my dead brother and sister as if they are files quote " so no need to worry about deleting them".

I know I am very new to this and as I say I do appreciate that people want to help, its just the way some people act, I find just find just a little intrusive.

I am happy and willing to answer any relevant question which might heip finding Ian but I can not see how it helps going through my family tree.

patchem

patchem Report 13 Sep 2013 20:42

Dave,

Unfortunately we might appear intrusive because we need to get the facts clear in our heads. Because your opening post was not completely clear, we were trying to work out what had happened to both of you. We do not mean to offend.

I still do not know where 'Faulkner' fits in.

I was trying to find more information and was hoping a middle initial might appear for Ian.

Could you reread all the posts and answer any questions that appear unanswered, as it should help us, including what information do you have from Social Services?

Thank-you,

Pat

Elliot81

Elliot81 Report 13 Sep 2013 20:50

I've clearly missed something. Aren't all trees private? How are people viewing it?
I now see the introduction of the surname Fairthorn? Where did that come from?
Clearly there are deleted posts as I see no reference to your family tree or your brother or sister, but clearly someone is lacking in tact!

I would help but without an explanation of the surnames, I can go no further.

patchem

patchem Report 13 Sep 2013 21:09

Elliot,

Fairthorn is a helper who has posted a suggested family for Ian and Dave.

At a rough guess these people have you in their trees;
Carol, Richard, Abegail and Chris

Elliot81

Elliot81 Report 13 Sep 2013 21:26

Oh yes, sorry. My eyes and brain clearly aren't working in tandem today.

I'm confused how anyone has been able to start researching this with the information Dave has supplied?

I would like to help find Dave's brother, but at the moment there are no facts that I can follow.