Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am looking for 2 Nieces, Family name is Bateman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 21 Sep 2013 02:13

I am looking for family members by the name of Faith and Wendy who are sister's, their Father's name is Barry and Mother is Gwynneth= Nee Martin. If you can give me any information of them please contact me. Last known area they lived in was Mold Cheshire in 1973.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Sep 2013 04:48

Presumably, you have no contact with the parents?

DId they separate and the children stay with Gwynneth? If that was the case or they were adopted their names could have changed.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Sep 2013 06:56

It's Gwyneth with one N on the marriage reference to Barry.

Rose

Reggie

Reggie Report 21 Sep 2013 09:20

If these women are your nieces, one of their parents is your sibling.

Doesn't he/she know where they are?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Sep 2013 10:10

Faith born 1968 ......Wendy born 1969

They could have married by now

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 21 Sep 2013 13:15

No birth in 1948 in Wales as per poster's GR FT ( ADOPTED see below )

EDIT

FT = FAMILY TREE

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 21 Sep 2013 15:03

Surely if Diane is in contact with the parents......and the parents know the whereabouts of Faith and Wendy, she wouldn't have bothered posting a request on here would she!

:-S

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Sep 2013 22:13

PM from Diane to say say the children stayed with Gwyn(n)eth and she may have remarried.

Rose

Diane

Diane Report 22 Sep 2013 02:00

It is my nieces father that is my brother but I am not in contact with him and as far as I know he is not in contact with his daughter's. The last thing I know about Faith is that she invited her father to her wedding but he didn't go so I know her name will have changed.
As for Gwyeneth their mother, I do know she was adopted by the Martin family and they lived in Liverpool when she married my brother around 1967 and the last address I knew of them together was in Mold.

Rose, is the marriage you have in Liverpool ?

DetEcTive, have you found the birth's for Faith and Wendy, if so are they registured in the Wirral, the date's are right and they were both born in January.

FAIRTHORN, I don't know were Gwyneth was born, I know what GR mean's but what does the FT mean.

thank you all for comments, if any one finds any more info for me I would be very grateful :-)

patchem

patchem Report 22 Sep 2013 09:00

Do you know where and when the wedding of Faith was?
Thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Sep 2013 09:25

Faith was born in the Liverpool North reg district - details of area here
http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/liverpool%20north.html

Wendy in Wirral.

Both in the March quarter ie registration in Jan, Feb or March

There are a number of marriages for a Faith Bateman, hence Patchem's question of where and when so that the likely one can be identified.

Fairthorn has added to her post
FT = Family tree

Have you any idea of Gwyneth's new husband's name? When do you think your brother divorced? If we can find a new marriage for her, we can see if there is a Wendy who might have taken her step-father's name.

Reggie

Reggie Report 22 Sep 2013 09:44

There is no record of a marriage for Gwyneth Bateman after 1969

There is one for a Gwineth in 1990 - by which time the daughters would have been adults

BTW........Mold is in Flintshire

Diane

Diane Report 25 Sep 2013 00:12

DetEcTive I am not sure when my brother and his wife Gwyneth got divorced but I doubt if either of the girl's would have changed their name's to a step-father's surname.
I'm not even sure if Gwyneth remarried only know she was seeing someone else after her and my brother got divorced.

Patchem I don't know were or when Faith got married, I will ask my sister if she remember's when and were as it was her who told me about Faith asking her father to the wedding and that he hadn't gone. Unfortunately my brother doesn't discuss much with his sibling's about his life so that is why we don't know what happened to his daughter's from his 1st marriage but myself and my sister would love to make contact with our nieces.

thank you all for taking time to answer my request :-)