Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Elaine Woods Newhaven, East Sussex

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 24 Sep 2013 11:48

Am trying to help a good friend search for her parents particularly Elaine Woods. My friend says that Elaine's last known location was Newhaven, East Sussex. She believes that Elaine lived in South Road but cannot remember the possible name of the other road. Elaine would now be around 68 years old. My friend last had contact with her parent around twenty years ago. I have posted a message on Ancestry also but I do not have subs to search the living relative site on Ancestry.

HELP PLEASE.

Kind regards

Kathryn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Sep 2013 12:56

Were your friend's parents married to each other?

jax

jax Report 24 Sep 2013 14:23

The living relative site on Ancestry is just the electoral roll same as on GR or FMP. If you google the name followed by 192.com you will get a list of all the people with that name that are on the electoral roll that hav'nt opted out of having their details public

jax

jax Report 24 Sep 2013 14:29

She is only listed until 2011 at South road...maybe your friend should write to the current occupants and ask if they know where she has moved to

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 24 Sep 2013 14:49

Hi all, thanks for your help. Jax, do you have the house number please in South Road that she can write to. Perhaps you might like to PM me it. Am at work at the moment. I have tried 192 but obviously you have to pay for credits etc. My friend will be so excited.

Kind regards

Kathryn

jax

jax Report 24 Sep 2013 15:18

will pm it

Colin

Colin Report 24 Sep 2013 22:58

Hi Kathryn,
just to say that Newhaven has its own website called, "Our Newhaven". It has lots of info on local people etc.More important, it has a very good message board and I'm sure you will get good results if you post a message on it'
Colin.

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 25 Sep 2013 08:24

Good morning, thank you Colin for this new information. I will get on the case when I get home from work tonight. I have, for my own research, used My Brighton + Hove before but obviously didn't realise there was a board for Newhaven. My friend will be so pleased especially if I get a result for her. She has asked me to help her devise a letter to the current occupants of South Road which I will do today at lunchtime but who knows there may well be some response to the message I post on Our Newhaven for her. She is not familiar with GR and Ancestry and the like and as I have used these sites for some years now, with great results, she is leaving it to me.

Kind regards

Kathryn