Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to trace birth Mother - Jean Valerie Thomas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 21 Oct 2013 21:54

I am Paul Anthony Thomas and I am currently searching for my Birth Mother - Jean Valerie Thomas. She was born in Romford, Essex in 1939 and went on to marry John William Ashworth in 1962 also in Romford.

After exhausted my options, any information or help in relation to my search would be greatly appreciated.

patchem

patchem Report 21 Oct 2013 22:44

Welcome to the boards, Paul.

Could you tell us whether you have found any further information about Jean or John or any children after their marriage in 1962?

Have you found any siblings for Jean, and do you know what happened to her parents?

Have you put your name down on the Adoption contact register?

Thank-you

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Oct 2013 23:12

Name: Jean V Ashworth
Year: 1965
County or Borough: Epping
Ward or Division/Constituency: Waltham Forest
Street Address: 20 Norton Close
Reference Number: LCC/PER/B/3014

with John W Ashworth

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Oct 2013 12:52

wonder who the informant was

Civil Registration event: Death

Print Close
Name: THOMAS, Charles Cotton
Registration district: Truro
County: Cornwall
Year of registration: 1985
Month of registration: April
Date of birth: 11 December 1902
Volume no: 21
Page no: 542
Reg no: 485

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Oct 2013 12:55

any idea of Grace's birth year ?
Civil Registration event: Death

Print Close
Name: THOMAS, Grace Edith
Registration district: Camborne-Redruth
County: Cornwall
Year of registration: 1986
Month of registration: February
Date of birth: 29 April 1913
Volume no: 21
Page no: 99
Reg no: 286

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Oct 2013 13:02

??

?
Name: Grace Edith Moss
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1909
Registration District: Milton
Inferred County: Kent
Volume: 2a
Page: 981

parents married in Romford

Name: Grace E Moss
Spouse Surname: Thomas
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1938
Registration District: Romford
Inferred County: Essex
Volume Number: 4a
Page Number: 1604
Find Spouse: Charles C Thomas

Frederick

Frederick Report 22 Oct 2013 13:13

Hi Paul, could this be relevant,

John W Ashworth........Jean V Thomas. Qrt. Jan-Feb-Mar. 1962.
District. Romford. Vol.5a. Page.1213.

A stones throw from Romford. before it was Greater London.

Hillary J Ashworth. mmn. Thomas. Qrt. Apr-May-June. 1962.
District. Ilford. Vol.5a. Page.544.

No sign of Marriage for Hillary (could have been adopted) also John & Jean
could have emigrated, was the era of the £10 Pom.

F.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Oct 2013 18:21

Have you tried Search Trees on her? Someone called David has Hilary in his tree.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 26 Nov 2013 20:23

How old was John on the marriage certificate and who was his father?

Rose

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 28 Nov 2013 22:43

Once again I simply have to say I am gobsmacked by the lack of respect for people's privacy here.

I absolutely understand a person's wish to find their birth parents, that is not the problem.

But for strangers to post things like the birth details of a person born in 1962 ... fulll name and year and place of birth and the parents' full names also in the discussion thread ... in the context of a discussion of how that person's mother had a child before marriage, how rude is that? what if that person googled their own name and found themself and their family being talked about here this way? what if this was the first the person had ever heard of their mother having a child before marriage? what if a third party found this information? what if this is not even the right family and these kinds of statements are being made about entirely the wrong people?

To me this is just indecent. I thought that the guidelines for this forum did not permit this sort of thing. I would think that common decency would advise against it and this kind of information would be sent via the private messaging system. I really am bowled over by how so many people so casually intrude on strangers' privacy.

Again Paul this is not directed at you although I have to admit I am a little queasy about putting even the information about a woman who gave a child up for adoption on the internet where as I mentioned her family or friends might run across it when she wanted the information to be private. And in fact you did go on Paul to post the details of that person's birth from her birth certificate.

To intrude on the privacy of uninvolved people like the woman's other family members by posting their particulars here is just wrong, I'm sorry. All references to that child and to anyone else who may be living need to be deleted by frederick and Paul, in my own humble opinion.

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 29 Nov 2013 13:06

Have sent PM research shows GR Tree that has Hilary in it belongs to a David born in Sydney.

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 30 Nov 2013 11:40

FOUND HILARY