Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

linda margaret penswick/barnes married 1971

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

babes7

babes7 Report 1 Nov 2013 13:20

looking for parents married 1971, I was adopted with my brother after a stay in a childrens home. My birth mother is Linda Margaret Penswick(Barnes) and my birth father is John Barnes. My mum was born in 1953 and my dad in 1947 (this is information I have gathered from this website and original, pre adoption birth certificates and also adoption records. I was adopted with my brother by a family in Lancashire and the date on the paperwork is 1985. I know my dad sighned the paperwork to agree to our adoption and have checked all records. My brother is called Lee Andrew Barnes and I was Nicola Jane Barnes, our surnames were changed to Barr on adoption.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Nov 2013 13:36

Hi there.

Have you considered tracing your mother's family? It's obviously quite a sensitive situation, but with that unusual combination of surname and mother's maiden name, her siblings are easy to find on Freebmd:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Jan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Nov 2013 15:29

Lindas mum was maiden name Pickup

possible siblings from 1938 .look on FreeBMD

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Nov 2013 15:35

her parents marriage
Name: James H Penswick
Spouse Surname: Pickup
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1938
Registration District: Blackpool
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 8e
Page Number: 796
Find Spouse:Betty Pickup

Name: James Hodgkinson Penswick
Birth Date: 28 Jul 1916
Date of Registration: Nov 1994
Age at Death: 78
Registration District: Sefton North
Inferred County: Merseyside
Register Number: 42B
District and Subdistrict: 0341B
Entry number: 273

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007 about Betty Penswick
Name: Betty Penswick
Birth Date: 18 Jun 1917
Date of Registration: Jan 1999
Age at Death: 81
Inferred County: Merseyside
Register Number: 55B
District and Subdistrict: 0341B
Entry number: 67

England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005 about Betty Pickup
Name: Betty Pickup
Mother's Maiden Surname: Whiteside
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1917
Registration District: Blackburn
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 8e
Page Number: 389

so the informant could be family

patchem

patchem Report 1 Nov 2013 17:52

Have you contacted the people on here who have Linda in their tree? (Looks like Linda herself, and a daughter from the subsequent marriage proposed below)

This would be a possible later marriage for Linda:
Linda M Barnes
Spouse Surname: Sutcliffe
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1982
Inferred County: Liverpool

patchem

patchem Report 1 Nov 2013 18:34

If that is the correct marriage, there are 2 daughters.

One of them appears to marry Mr Beedon in Salford in 2003, but they do not appear together on current ER's (?).
There appears to be a daughter born, and if you do a google search on that name you should find Mr Beedon's mother who is a co-author of a book, and easily found on facebook.

But that does not help with finding Linda , who may have no contact with this side of the family.

Choccy

Choccy Report 1 Nov 2013 20:49

I have been in contact with Nicola by PM and she has now established contact with one of her uncles. Unfortunately her birth mother passed away 2 years ago.

Suziesue101

Suziesue101 Report 28 Dec 2015 11:02

I am looking for my niece and nephew. Lee Andrew born jun 1974 and Nicola Jane born sep 1975. Their fathers name John Barnes and their mothers name Linda. Their parents divorced and Lee and Nicola were put up for adoption. Lee was 5 and Nicola was 3 the las time I saw them in the summer of 1979.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Dec 2015 11:20

this thread is two years old and the poster only posted the once so is highly unlikely to be a member now

you could try and make contact by clicking on her name and sending a message .if her emails is still the same she will get the email and can respond she cant instigate a contact but can reply to a message

possible ER address sent for Lee