Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maia Nadler ;urgent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brigid

brigid Report 2 Dec 2013 23:31

My friend Ursula Nadler is searching her half-sister ,Maia Nadler last known some years ago in New York .if anyone knows what became of her we'd be grateful .

jax

jax Report 2 Dec 2013 23:42

Can I ask why this is Urgent?

Where has your friend looked for her?

was she born 1950 if so she still had the same name in 1994 so maybe in the US phone book

jax

jax Report 2 Dec 2013 23:52

http://www.whitepages.com/

put in her name and you will find an address

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Dec 2013 00:42

Have you tried Google and Facebook?

Rose

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 3 Dec 2013 08:41

There is a telephone number on the website jax posted

brigid

brigid Report 3 Dec 2013 14:10

sorry reggie we were finishing a late night conversation and both had to go to bed
when i told her this could be done on here the urgency is for 2 weeks time i didn't want to put the details on here but can PM them to you if you want to know
I'm not very well +getting confused by computer stuff .I think iIve accidently marked as answered .Promised Ursula I'd talk her through how to get on site ;she's in Paris + i'm in Leicester GB, + we have to phone

brigid

brigid Report 3 Dec 2013 14:45

how can i unmark this as answered ;its not finsished but both had to go to bed Ursula's at work today + i had early doc appt
did i press that button or has this thread been punished by an authority figure . ?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Dec 2013 16:00

You must have clicked the 'mark this as answered' button - having just experimented with a fictitious thread, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it.

Anyway, if the person that Jax and Fairthorn have found on http://www.whitepages.com/ is the correct person, then it has been answered. Whitepages is an on-line phone book for the US. Just click on the blue writing to go directly to the site.

If it should turn out not to be the correct person, just come back to this thread and let the 'helpers' know.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Dec 2013 16:22

So that people know it isn't answered.....amend your title

The tag cannot be removed once activated

Actually..........I'll see if I can delete the post, and see what happens then

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Dec 2013 16:24

Well, I deleted, but the tick still shows.

Don't use the 'marked as answered' tag unless your request has been fully dealt with................

brigid

brigid Report 3 Dec 2013 20:08

ok i'll mail this link to Ursula ;an hour's diff betwen GB + france .
thanks 4 instructions seems not to make sense in my tired brain but will delete thread once answered ...we thought this site was mostly GB so didn't expect help from USA so quick .
thanks for trying reggie + explaining

jax

jax Report 3 Dec 2013 20:14

This is a UK based site but there are members from all over the world...so replies are 24/7

Most threads are answered within minutes, even if it is just to ask for more info

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Dec 2013 22:12

Don't delete the thread - if it turns out that you and your friend do need more help to find Maia it's best to post here rather than start another thread.

That way, new avenues are explored rather than the original ones repeated

brigid

brigid Report 4 Dec 2013 16:24

I have unmarked 1 in the past just forgotten how to need an idiot-proof instruction !
I don't have Ursula's mail + can't afford too many long distant phone calls so hope to hear from HER soon ..will keep watchers informed of outcome

brigid

brigid Report 6 Dec 2013 19:34

i can't get hold of Ursula by phone maybe this was more urgent than i thought + she's left for USA ..so sorry folks I can't tell if this info got to her ..I think I still have her snail -mail so will send her a "Thinking of you card ".

brigid

brigid Report 4 Jan 2014 15:08

To those who helped on here thanks .ursula didn't get the information before she left for the States but has left me a phone message from Paris saying she will follow up these leads now.