Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dorothy Parents surname Dyson living in Reddish

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachael

Rachael Report 11 Dec 2013 11:04

This is a long shot I know but my Grandmother Hilda Chiverton is trying to get in contact with her cousin & God Daughter, first name Dorothy lives in Glossop parents surname (maiden name) would have been Dyson & they probably were living in Reddish, Stockport in 1911 Census. Grandparents names Henry & Jane Dyson.

If anyone can help, please message me.

Many thanks.
Rachael

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Dec 2013 11:23

Post removed and details sent in a private message.

Kath. x

Rachael

Rachael Report 11 Dec 2013 11:37

Hi All,

Yes that is the census record & yes Hilda Wagstaff is Grandma. She is aware Dorothy has been married, but isn't sure whether it is once or twice but thinks she is currently married to a Policeman but doesn't know his name so I haven't got a married name.

Unfortunately getting any more accurate details from Grandma is very difficult due to her having alzheimers so I am unable to confirm which of her aunts/uncles would eb Dorthy’s parents. Hence I hoped someone on here would recognise the names & message me.

Thanks for all you help guys.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Dec 2013 11:38

Post removed and details sent in a private message.

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Dec 2013 11:41

Post removed and details sent by private message.

Kath. x

Rachael

Rachael Report 11 Dec 2013 11:48

That is fabulous, thank you - I will post them a letter to see if I can make contact.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Dec 2013 11:53

Hi Rachel

I was just in the middle of copying and pasting my posts to send in a private message so that I could take these names off the thread in case they are still living.

I will remove my posts shortly.

Kath. x

Rachael

Rachael Report 11 Dec 2013 11:54

OK - thanks Kath