Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Ronald George Macdonald

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Blair

Blair Report 17 Dec 2013 00:19

Hello everyone. I'm having trouble finding an address for my father, Ronald George Macdonald. He was born in 1947 in Scotland, Dundee I think. The last known location I have for him is Alyth. If it helps, I have also been told that he has two other children, Lydia and Chloe Macdonald. It was a bit of a nightmare when I first started searching for a "Ronald Macdonald" :-|

I haven't seen him since I was around 2 years old. It is important to me to find him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Blair.

jax

jax Report 17 Dec 2013 01:01

There is a Ronald G Macdonald right age living in Perth with a Lydia who looks to be his daughter

Do you have access to the electoral registers on here?

Looks like you can find them both on Facebook

Easier to search for Lydia then look for her friends one being a Ron and yes he also has a daughter called Chloe

Blair

Blair Report 17 Dec 2013 01:08

Hey. Thanks! Only just found that one myself. No details of the full address on that record, but it looks like a very promising start.

jax

jax Report 17 Dec 2013 01:10

I have added about Face book to my post above incase you didn't see it

I think you will find that is the full address

Blair

Blair Report 17 Dec 2013 01:27

Just found him on facebook after 22 years of not seeing him and cried a little. Thank you man. I had tried looking for him before but never had any luck. Only found out about his other children recently and didn't think to look. Wow, thanks.

N.B You say that is the full address but the one I have shows blank fields for "House name" and "street" which only leaves me with a general area.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Dec 2013 13:04

As they are listed on 192.com, have you bought credits to view the entry?

The entry on the ER on GR does not give the details. Hopefully, but not definitely, the 192 entry might.

There is a listing on Page 3 for R MacDonald, Perth on thephonebookbt.com, but it is in Perth itself.

What do you think about this entry - any family resemblance to the photo?
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/capt-ron-macdonald/15/645/167

jax

jax Report 19 Dec 2013 14:38

DET

I said I believe it was the full address as I looked it up on People tracer as well

Unless GR record is different from FMP??

If you want it let me know but as he is on FB you may want to contact him there

Not sure that is him in that link DET nothing like the photo of the man on FB he had hair...taken at daughters wedding

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Dec 2013 17:55

This is the ER entry on GR -not a lot of help!

Building Name
Street
District Perth
Region Tayside, Central And Fife
Area Perth
County Perthshire
Country Scotland

I wasn't too sure about the Linkedin entry, hence the phrases used ;-)
The occupation(s) would fit with that posted on FB. Perhaps Blair has some 2nd hand knowledge into what line of work Ronald was in? No need to post what it was here!!!

Edit @ 2046- ignore the above. On reflection it probably isn't him.

jax

jax Report 19 Dec 2013 21:43

Yes I see DET... FMP and People tracer are more detailed

Blair

Blair Report 21 Dec 2013 21:41

Thanks again guys. The linkedin profile doesn't seem to be him but thanks anyway. Don't really have the money to buy a bunch of credits for several things to search for the address in full. I'm not sure about contacting him over facebook, but it's good to know that the option is there. I'd like to have the address for peace of mind, to know where he is exactly and that, if possible, I could simply go and meet him :-)

jax

jax Report 22 Dec 2013 00:29

Does his family know about you, do you think?

patchem

patchem Report 31 May 2014 21:01

Just in case you (helpers) had not noticed this:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/success_stories/thread/1340715

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Jun 2014 09:29

Thanks Patchem. Although I'd seen that post, it didn't click that it related to this thread. It's good to hear that contact has been made and a relationship formed. :-)