Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for Birth Mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 31 Dec 2013 15:59

I have recently obtained a copy of my Birth certificate and am now trying to trace my birth mother.
Her name is Margaret Farrow - her maiden name was Smith.
She was living in North Manchester in 1961

Any help would be appreciated

patchem

patchem Report 31 Dec 2013 17:02

Welcome to the boards, Anne.

There are 3 marriages of Margaret Smiths to Farrows, one in Manchester in 1941. This is 20 years before your birth - or is 1961 not your birth year?
Do you have information on your father?

Thank-you

Anne

Anne Report 1 Jan 2014 12:01

Yes I found that one and it's too early. I am only assuming it was in Manchester it might not have been.

patchem

patchem Report 1 Jan 2014 14:05

The only other marriages of Margaret Smith to Farrow are even earlier.

Married twice?

Could you say what father's name is on the certificate, or is that blank?

Thanks.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Jan 2014 14:47

You say the 1941 marriage is too soon but don't dismiss it .

My parents married in 1929 and had children up to1949 mum then was only 40 and did miscarry after then too .

Have you managed to get your adoption file? You are entitled to it

Anne

Anne Report 2 Jan 2014 15:51

Thanks for your help. This is actually for my husband and he is seeing his adoption file later this month. I am struggling to get any further at the moment.

Any ideas would be welcome.
Regards
Anne

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Jan 2014 16:16

I think you would need to see what info his file has to try and work out who his family were

Sheila

Sheila Report 5 Jan 2014 23:42

Anne is he on facebook ? we have and adoption support group , that can help and support him through this process ;)