Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mark O'Shea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jan 2014 13:59

Hi. Iam looking for a Mark O'Shea born in London in 1969. I am trying to help someone find his nephew. Mark was adopted. and do not have another surname.
He may be in America.
Or perhaps someone may have a idea, I have the place where he was adopted from but not sure I could put it on here.
Kind regards Angie.

Flip

Flip Report 5 Jan 2014 14:41

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

He could add his name to the adoption contact register, above as he is a birth relative.

Other options are to get the birth details on the internet, then if Mark ever searches under his birth name he may come across the uncles details. Put him in a tree on here, ancestry, familysearch etc (and keep an up to date e-mail address). Post on missingyou.net and other such sites.

Unless Mark comes looking there is virtually no chance of finding him, his adoption details are closed to anyone other than him.

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jan 2014 14:49

Apparently he came looking in 1989, I have name of the priest as his mother was Irish and catholic. Thank you for your help. :-)

Flip

Flip Report 5 Jan 2014 15:06

So, if he came looking and didn't find anything he may still be looking. He may have put his name on the adoption contact register, so got to be worth a try. Was he born in a mother & baby home, a lot of Irish girls were packed off to them to have their illegitate children? If so you could also contact the relevant organisation (Caritas did a lot of catholic adoptions) to see if they would help.

Also, as his name will be different now I don't really see a problem in putting his birth details on as many sites as you can get them in the hope he comes across one of them - and still wants contact. It would be up to him, as only he will know his original details.

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jan 2014 15:21

He was born in a London Hospital and adopted out from a Mother and baby home in London.
Many Thanks.