Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Passenger List look up please to Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 14 Jan 2014 21:28

I am looking for a Nicola Bennett lived in Herefordshire,between 1967 and 1970 suppose to have gone to Australia with her family ,if anyone could lookup passenger list for me i would be grateful.
Thankyou
Carol

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 14 Jan 2014 21:54

Ancestry only goes up to 1960

No idea if later ones are available on any other site

Carol

Carol Report 14 Jan 2014 22:23

ok Thankyou

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Jan 2014 00:49

When you say 'her family' is that parents & siblings or husband & children ?

just asking because if it was with parents and you know her parents' names they might be deceased and there could be a death announcement indexed here:

http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

If she went with parents she would probably have married there and those records are not accessible for those recent dates in the states I am aware of.

If she went with her husband and you know his name, there's always a possibility of finding them in the telephone directory although it's slim with such a common name ... couples quite often list themselves as 'A.B. & C.D. Smith' there so it could be worth a try.

http://www.whitepages.com.au/

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 15 Jan 2014 00:54

Are you sure she went to Australia..There is a Nicola Bennett born 1969 and died in 2001 in Essex..definately not your person? (Info is from a tree in Ancestry)

Carol

Carol Report 15 Jan 2014 01:01

Nicola went with her parents still waiting on Parents names sorry looking this up for someone,Nicola was born late 50`s still waiting for accurate date .
Should have waited for them first sorry,but thought i would try.
Thankyou anyway
Carol

jax

jax Report 15 Jan 2014 01:07

There doesn't seem to be any Nicola Bennett's born in Herefordshire before 1970

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 15 Jan 2014 01:38

Did she have a middle name? It is a fairly common name in the 50's so an initial would assist narrowing it down

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jan 2014 09:33

Posting the following found on the Australian National Archive site, under Immigration and naturalisation. On these, Nichola is spelt Nicola.
None fit your parameters exactly, but once you have the parents names, you might be able to say that one is relevant, or reject all three.. Full dob have been removed before posting for privacy.

BENNETT Anthony Leonard born 1931; Ruby Dorothy (nee Jay) born 1931; Iain Alexander born 1962; Nicola Helen born 1955; travelled per aircraft departing UK on 18 January 1965 under the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme

BENNETT William James born 1931; Phyllis Grace Laura (nee Whitcher) born 1934; Steve William Philip born 1955; Nicola Gloria born 1956; travelled per aircraft departing UK on 11 December 1968 under the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme

No date or year of birth given on the original
BENNETT, Edward Cecil [accompanied by Myrna, Julie and Nicola] - Departed from London to Sydney on 08 May 1969 per Qantas Flight 172

Carol

Carol Report 15 Jan 2014 22:27

Thankyou DetEcTive as soon as i know the names i will check with what you have put i am very grateful for the help
Carol

Carol

Carol Report 15 Jan 2014 22:29

Thankyou every one for trying to help, i know till i get names there isnt much anyone can do.
Carol