Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LOOKING FOR MY ADOPTED SON JOSEPH REINER BORN 1966

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LINDA

LINDA Report 17 Jan 2014 09:52

I AM LINDA REINER WHO GAVE BIRTH TO MY SON ON THE 21ST MARCH 1966 IN THE LONDON HOSPITAL STEPNEY MY FAMILY HAD IT ARRANGE TO HAVE MY BABY PUT INTO ADOPTION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING BIRTH I NEVER GOT TO HOLD HIM MY BABY SON HIS BIRTH NAME IS JOSEPH REINER I AM DESPERATELY WANT TO MAKE CONTACT WITH HIMTO MAKE MY LIFE WHOLE AGAIN

I CAN ONLY REMEMBER OF TALK BY MY FAMILY THAT ONCE THE BABY WAS BORN IT WAS ARRANGED BY THE NORWOOD JEWISH ADOPTION SOCIETY I HAVE TRIED ENDLESS YEARS TRYING TO FIND HIM BUT HIT A BRICK WALL EACH TIME I WILL CONTINUE TO TRY AND FIND MY SON IF YOU READ THIS OR YOU KNOW OF HIM AND HE IS TRYING TO FIND ME PLEASE ASK HIM TO MAKE CONTACT WITH ME

THERE WAS TALK OF HIM BEING TAKEN ABROAD AFTER HE WAS BORN SO HIS NAME MAY BEEN CHANGED AS WELL

LOVE LINDA XX

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Jan 2014 10:37

Add yourself to the national adoption contact register

Of course his name would have been changed - but, if he knows he was adopted, he would add himself to the register in his birth name.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2014 12:17

Presumably you have contacted the Agency?

Even though they won't let you access the file or give any details about what happened to him, they might be willing to include a letter from you. Send a letter every time you move.

http://www.dutydesk.org/B779/norwood-jewish-adoption-society/30646.php

If you haven't already, add his details to your tree on here. Also make sure that even if you let your GR subscription lapse, your account always has your most up-to-date email address linked to it. If Joseph or any one now related to him searches or has him listed in the future, you will still be able to receive and reply to a message.

LINDA

LINDA Report 17 Jan 2014 19:20

Thanks for your replies i have been in touch with Norwood Adoption but nothing came out of that !

But i will try the National Adoption Register !!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2014 20:16

If he should ever access his file, he would be able to read a letter that you've addressed to 'him'. That's a good enough reason as any to write when or if you move.

As Joseph' birth is transcribed on Freebmd, you could open a dedicated free email account and add a post'em (message) which includes that address. Keep it short and sweet as you don't have many characters to use.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Jan 2014 23:55

Hello Linda, just a tip

As you can see if you look at the forum list at 'views' beside your message, not many people see the messages here, mostly just regulars

but ... these messages can be found if someone does an internet search (google)

the problem is that if someone searches for the name Joseph Reiner they will not find your message because you have spelt it (twice) as JoESph.

You can use the 'edit' link at the top of your first post to fix the spelling in both places

and that will improve the chances that someone searching for his name will find you here.

Detective's idea about posting a note at FreeBMD is a very good one.

If someone does find his name here, they will have to pay a subscription to contact you, but you will be able to reply even if you have not renewed your subscription, as I understand this.

Good luck.

LINDA

LINDA Report 19 Jan 2014 07:29

Thanks for that my husband wrote it Linda

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 19 Jan 2014 14:48

men :-D