Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brother

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 20 Jan 2014 23:45

I am looking for my adopted brother, he was born Christopher Bernard Hurst in the early 40's in London

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 Jan 2014 00:15

if you search here

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

for his name (use middle initial only, not name)

you find the only possible birth, registered in 1944, but in Maidenhead.

Just adding this so you will have a more accurate idea of birthdate, if you didn't have it

and if you order the certificate it would give you his exact date of birth, which could help (the registration early in 1944 could have been for a birth late in 1943)

Have you searched trees at this website?

Have you added your name to the adoption contact register?

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 Jan 2014 00:19

Two people at this website have the name Christopher Hurst 1943 in their trees, one says born London and the other has no info.

(they could both be referring to the other birth in 1943, in Surrey NW district, you would have to ask, to know)

do you know those people? have you tried to contact them?

... one of them has an unusual surname and I believe she is closely related to the Christopher in question

place your mouse over 'Search' at the top of this page, click 'Search all trees', search for the name born in 1943 +/- 1 year, then click on the 'Find out more' button next to the name, to send a message

patchem

patchem Report 21 Jan 2014 19:26

If you do want to contact the lady with the unusual surname, and cannot get in touch through genes, she can easily be found on facebook (with both surnames).

Teresa

Teresa Report 21 Jan 2014 20:31

Thanks for the input, I have now contacted all the relevant looking ones, and have already had one response :-) sadly that particular one was the wrong one. So will keep trying, but will apply for birth cert in meantime.
Thanks all

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 22 Jan 2014 13:32

Research shows GR member Emma with unusual surname, maiden name Hurst, father Christopher who was born Surrey, GR member Kathryn has the
same Christopher in her Tree

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 22 Jan 2014 15:15

Kenneth, I intentionally did not put that information here because I thought it inappropriate to put specific personal details about not just living people, but other members of this site, on the public boards.

Do you want someone posting your marital and parental details here ?

I don't

the details do suggest the Christopher in question is the other one, as I was aware, but as I said, one can but ask

Teresa

Teresa Report 22 Jan 2014 16:26

i have contacted all of them. so far, no luck. But thanks to all for your input.

patchem

patchem Report 22 Jan 2014 18:47

I think the lady with the unusual surname is definitely related to the other Christopher, unfortunately.

Have you added your name to the contact register?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 22 Jan 2014 19:03

which makes it all the more inappropriate to post her personal details here ...........

edit

whatever, Kenneth.

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 22 Jan 2014 20:08

Then just report me for trying to help JoonieCloonie

Teresa

Teresa Report 31 Jan 2014 20:22

I now know D.O.B to be 21st Feb 1944, in 'maternity home' in Maidenhead

patchem

patchem Report 31 Jan 2014 21:10

Have you added your name to the adoption contact register?

Unfortunately no-one on genes has your Christopher in their trees.

Teresa

Teresa Report 31 Jan 2014 21:33

I think the adoption register is my next step :-) thanks

patchem

patchem Report 1 Feb 2014 09:32

This is the original message that has been requested for review:

'I am looking for my adopted brother, he was born Christopher Bernard Hurst in the early 40's in London '

As he has been adopted that is no longer his name, and it did not give a date of birth, so why was it rr'd?

(The information giving the date of birth is posted later on in the thread, so the fool could ask for that to be removed if they are that ignorant)

Could genes please ban the moron who requested this for deletion.
Many Thanks if they do.

Teresa

Teresa Report 1 Feb 2014 10:19

Why has it been requested for review? Have I written something I shouldn't ?

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 1 Feb 2014 10:29

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1267343

Looks perhaps cos of duplicate thread

Looks like 2 GR accounts

are they linked to the same email address

cos if this thread is deleted & GR alert email replies are sent to the other thread's email account ........

patchem

patchem Report 1 Feb 2014 12:53

As that other thread was originally posted in 2011, and had no replies, and then added to in 2013 and I was the only person who replied but got no response from Teresa and as it was with a different account number, then someone must have been pretty desperate to report this one.

If it was because of duplication they could have bumped up the previous thread, though that would not help in the search as the information posted on there was minimal.

I stand by my original assertion.

Teresa

Teresa Report 1 Feb 2014 13:49

Both threads were mine (I may have changed my email details at some stage) but as 'Patchem' mentioned, I had virtually no response, so decided to re-post. So the logical thing would have been to delete the 2011 post surely?

jax

jax Report 1 Feb 2014 14:41

The other thread was dated May 2011 and if memory serves me right no one could reply to living relatives threads.....had to be done by pm only

I believe GR changed it in the July but by then the thread would have been well off the 1st page

Edit - It was late June they changed it