Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BORN CHRISTINE DAVIDSON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

douglas

douglas Report 31 Jan 2014 21:34

TRYING TO TRACE MY HALVE SISTER CHRISTINE DOB 28/01/1955 AT CARDIFF SHORTLY AFTERWARDS ADOPTED

patchem

patchem Report 31 Jan 2014 22:03

Welcome to the boards, Douglas.

Have you added your name to the national adoption contact register?

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Have you looked to see if she is in anyone's tree on here?

douglas

douglas Report 1 Feb 2014 00:07

Thanks yea done the register no luck yet but got her birth certificate and joined this today not done the trees yet

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Feb 2014 00:17

You should also add her name to your tree in case she comes looking on here.

Rose

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 1 Feb 2014 03:10

http://www.ukbirth-adoptionregister.com/search.php

Birth Sibling 0/12/1954 Hadington East Lothian Christine Davidson Cardiff Wales

Your posting ?

I see other postings on other websites, it seems you were unsure of the month of birth

Have you done a search using your mother's names, cos if Christine herself was searching she would start the search using her birth mother's names.

douglas

douglas Report 1 Feb 2014 12:21

clarification Fairhorn, the original date i was given was DEC 1954, Haddington was a mistake thats where i was born, when i got her birth certificate i discovered it was Jan 1955 thanks for the interest any any help would be gratefully received, also thanks Rose I'll do that now.

douglas

douglas Report 10 Feb 2014 16:28

does anybody know what adoption agency's were operating in wales particularly Cardiff in 1955, I'm thinking there cant have been many?

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Feb 2014 21:00

Douglas

Contact SS in Cardiff, and see if they can locate which agency used, then ask them do they offer an intermediate tracing services, also ask can you leave a letter with her file telling her you would welcome contact, In the meantime make sure you have ber birth in your family tree in case she joins the site :)

douglas

douglas Report 11 Feb 2014 10:09

Thanks for that Sheila , I'll follow that up also i have got her in my tree

douglas

douglas Report 12 Feb 2014 15:43

Been in touch with the lovely people in Cardiff Sheila and they want to help but it has to be via Edinburgh Social services so finger's crossed. Also both agency's recommended using birth-link? any thoughts?

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 12 Feb 2014 16:22

http://www.birthlink.org.uk/contact.htm

Is the connection to Edinburgh because her mother was from Scotland like yourself
?

Contact Birthlink

Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.30am - 4.30pm.

Birthlink
21 Castle Street
Edinburgh
EH2 3DN
Scotland
United Kingdom
Tel: (0131) 225 6441

A 24-hour answering phone service is available should you wish to leave a message.

You can e-mail us at: [email protected].

Make an appointment

You can make an appointment to visit us by post, phone or e-mail. Our offices are situated in the heart of Edinburgh 's city centre. The first floor office can be found at the corner of Castle Street and Rose Street within easy walking distance of Waverley train station and the main bus depot. We are also very close to New Register House and The National Archives, which contains many of the public records used in our work.

Please note: As our office is situated on the first floor we have no wheelchair or disabled access, we are however able to make alternative arrangements to meet you. Please contact us on the above number to discuss your requirements.

Birthlink (formerly Family Care) Incorporated
21 Castle Street, Edinburgh EH2 3DN
Birthlink registered in Scotland (SC78854)
Registered Charity (SCO13007)

douglas

douglas Report 12 Feb 2014 17:42

Thanks Fairthorn i have to go through Edinburgh because sadly East Lothian only provides a service for Adults seeking birth parents ?
:-(

douglas

douglas Report 14 Feb 2014 16:40

Fairthorn, been to birthlink today nice experience paid the money now just got to wait <3

douglas

douglas Report 19 Mar 2014 16:53

good news today Birthlink have heard back from Cardiff and have her adoptive name so the real search now begins :-D

douglas

douglas Report 1 May 2014 19:07

Today i have been informed that contact with my sister has been made via a phone call, I'm sure you all will understand when i tell you my hair is standing on end, lots of tears hopefully we will be in contact soon. <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 May 2014 19:13

Thats great

Hope you have a successful reunion

douglas

douglas Report 1 May 2014 19:51

thank you Shirley what a day.