Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for mr and mrs durkin foster parents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 15 Feb 2014 16:35

Any help appreciated... All I have is mr and mrs Durkin fostered a child in the Sheffield area... This child moved to Ireland apparently somewhere after 1983... Does anyone know foster parents by the name of Durkin please.....

Wendy

Wendy Report 16 Feb 2014 00:33

Nudge

patchem

patchem Report 16 Feb 2014 07:43

Wendy,

The chances of anyone on here knowing the names of foster parents in Sheffield in the 1980's is extremely remote.

Also, do you mean that the child and the Durkin parents moved together to Ireland after 1983, or that the child was adopted to someone in Ireland?

Could you explain what your connection is, or where you have got this information from?

Thank-you

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Feb 2014 10:27

Is this related to your other threads on Anthony P Lakin?

Rose

Wendy

Wendy Report 16 Feb 2014 10:50

Yes it is related to the other threads.. I found Anthony's birth mum and she actually spoke to me and told me... I don't know if he went on his own of with his foster parents... So now I'm trying to locate durkins that lived in Sheffield...

I'm not sure what the rules are with foster parents... Can a relative find the fostered child easier and who do they write to.. Does anyone know... I've realised I have a slimmer chance on here for searching someone in Sheffield but I have posted this on a few websites thinking I have more chance if finding some answers...

Finally I am the daughter in law of Anthony's father.. I am searching for him for his dad and half brother...

Anthony's father knew he had a child but walked away from the pregnant mother because that's what she wanted... He has never met his son..

Any help appreciated x

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 16 Feb 2014 12:27

If the 1983 is correct Anthony would have been 18 years old

It is possible he was always fostered as the fostering parents are paid but not if you adopt.

Did you state his birth cetificate does not state he was adopted ?

http://www.communitycare.co.uk/2013/12/04/foster-care-extended-21-significant-legal-reform-40m-funding/#.UwCuFc56aCk

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Feb 2014 12:40

The mother would surely know if her child had been adopted..........she'd have had to sign the papers