Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gibbs...trying to find...been unsuccesful

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

leesle

leesle Report 21 Feb 2014 18:11

Hi I have been asked to search for an old friend, Ive tried unsuccessfully, the lady is Pauline gibbs with sisters Doreen and Maureen gibbs and possibly two brothers maybe one called colin. No area given but connections to Cheshire.

Born around late 1930's to mid 1940's. I cant even find their births, just that alone and I think I could do the rest. If anyone can help, I would be very grateful for a PM as they could be alive. Yes Ive tried facebook etc. Many thanks to all

patchem

patchem Report 21 Feb 2014 18:23

Do you know roughly which order their births are?

Thank-you

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Feb 2014 18:23

Any middle names to help with this request

A bit vague with "connections to Cheshire"

leesle

leesle Report 21 Feb 2014 18:28

Thanks for answering, have to be vague for a reason sorry, lived for a while in winsford but connections to Altrincham Childrens home, unaware of any middle names. I know it seems impossible. thanks

leesle

leesle Report 21 Feb 2014 18:29

poss order Maureen, Pauline, then some confusion after that,
thanks for trying

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Feb 2014 18:49

Not sure what use it is, but there is a Colin Gibbs birth for Northwich (which covers Winsford).
Jan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Feb 2014 18:51

Who is it you are helping? Perhaps knowing their details would help?

Rose

leesle

leesle Report 21 Feb 2014 18:54

hi thanks I will send a message to the colin gibbs birth one.

the person Im helping isn't a relative its a family who cared for one of them, I do know all his details but he hasn't heard or seen any of them for 40 odd years
thankyou everyone for trying.

leesle

leesle Report 21 Feb 2014 18:59

Im wondering did some of the children have different surnames, or did some or one use their middle name and he wasn't aware they had another first name, in which case I know Im asking for a miracle.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Feb 2014 19:12

Not sure what you mean by 'I will send a message to the colin gibbs birth one'?

I assume you have looked at Freebmd? Bit of a slog, but you need to write down all Doreen Gibbs births for the relevant time period, then look for Maureen and Pauline with the same maiden name of mother. You might strike lucky, and then will know if there is a middle initial or not - this will make all the difference.

Has your friend any idea if their mother was married?

Jan

leesle

leesle Report 21 Feb 2014 19:15

I mean if the colin gibbs birth one is on anyones tree on here.

I have tried to match the mmn on freebmd and not got anywhere.
He thinks the mother died hence the connection to the childrens home.
thankyou

leesle

leesle Report 22 Feb 2014 07:15

Ive had a pm from Kenneth Humphreys and I think he's solved the mystery, many many thanks Kenneth...and thankyou to everyone who tried to help.

patchem

patchem Report 22 Feb 2014 07:23

To satisfy my curiosity could you either give a clue on here or possibly send a pm?

Quite a few helpers might have spent a long time looking,so it would be nice if Kenneth had mentioned the finding on here to stop others continuing to search.

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 22 Feb 2014 15:50

I sent the information in the early hours today, with the intention of telling other
researchers this morning, but Ieesie is an earlier riser than me.