Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Desmond Voisey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hopkins

Hopkins Report 25 Feb 2014 16:16

I am searching for my fathers brother Desmond who was possibly placed in the homes in Pontypridd in 1949 onwards He has used this site in the past but no longer uses it I think. Any imformation would be fantastic, we would love to find him.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Feb 2014 16:17

Have you tried www.192.com?

If he has a tree on GR, have you actually attempted to make contact through this site?

When was he born?

Was he adopted?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Feb 2014 16:20

If he was born in 1949, his birth is the only record of him on any site.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Feb 2014 16:22

I think the answer to the adoption question is 'yes'.............having looked under 'search trees'

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Feb 2014 16:28

Your grandparents?

Marriages Dec 1940 (>99%)
Clifton Mabel R Voisey Pontypridd 11a 1545
Voisey Roy Clifton Pontypridd 11a 1545

..............and previous marriage................
Marriages Mar 1934 (>99%)
Clifton John Priday Pontypridd 11a 946
Priday Mabel R Clifton Pontypridd 11a 946

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Feb 2014 16:31

Death
Name: VOISEY, Mabel Ruth
Registration district: Pontypridd
County: Glamorganshire
Year of registration: 1994
Month of registration: September
Date of Birth:11 December 1905
District no: 8624A
Reg no: A74
Ent no: 110
DOR: 994

Hopkins

Hopkins Report 25 Feb 2014 16:56

Good grief how did you know all this imfo lol. Yes he was put in the homes undoubtedly due to Mabel's history of unwanted children, but how was you so certain can i ask? Yes i have messaged him but I can see he hasn't opened his mail so probably dosnt use the site anymore. Think i must have joined just after he gave up maybe. Any suggestions would be kindly received Reggie.