Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Carmen Bowler (nee Holmes) and John Sidney Holmes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Mar 2014 23:08

Carmen is my husbands neice and we haven't seen her for over 12 years, she was last living in the Leeds area. She might well have married again.
John Sidney is my husbands brother and he hasn't been seen or in touch for almost 15years. I would like to make contact with them as it's my husbands 50th birthday this year and it would be nice if they would help make it a birthday to remember.
John lives on the south coast, Shoreham by Sea was the last address we had but we have since been told he had moved - still in the same area I think but not sure where.
Any help would be much appreciated :-)

patchem

patchem Report 8 Mar 2014 23:15

Could you give an approximate date of birth for John and Carmen?

Thank-you

Added:
Is she actually Carmen Louise Holmes, 1975?

Added:
Have you got the spelling of her married surname correct, as it looks like Boaler?

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Mar 2014 23:31

1975 is approximate for Carmen. Not sure on her middle name and the spelling could be wrong on my part. Her dad was Phillip/philip holmes.
John was about 1947 and married Angela ?

patchem

patchem Report 8 Mar 2014 23:32

Are you aware of any children that Carmen has, and have you tried to find any of the family - Carmen and/or John Sidney etc - on facebook?

Have you tried to find them by using bt online or 192.com or other such sources?

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Mar 2014 23:39

Carmen had a daughter called Abbie, she'll be about 12-14ish now. Have looked on facebook for both but there's nothing. Tried 192.com aswell, can't find Carmen and have rung a couple of numbers for just John Holmes but couldn't get John Sidney, haven't tried bt online - didn't know about that one.
There might be additional kiddies for Carmen now aswell

patchem

patchem Report 8 Mar 2014 23:47

I think facebook used to have an age limit of 16, and I think Abbie has now reached that age. (Also the age limit has dropped?)
Carmen's husband appears to have married again.
I suggest you search facebook again. (Use my suggested spelling)

Added:
Abbie and her father appear to be on his tree on here.

patchem

patchem Report 9 Mar 2014 00:02

Could you say when and where your husband, his brother John Sidney, and his brother Phillip were born?
Is Phillip still alive?
Thanks.

jax

jax Report 9 Mar 2014 01:58

Patchem

I believe the minimum age on FB is 13 but some lie about their age I know my daughter did

patchem

patchem Report 9 Mar 2014 07:54

Thanks, jax.

I then looked it up, and found Zucherberg wants to drop it lower but at the moment(?):

This Site is intended solely for users who are thirteen (13) years of age or older, and users of the Site under 18 who are currently in high school or college. Any registration by, use of or access to the Site by anyone under 13, or by anyone who is under 18 and not in high school or college, is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these Terms of Use. By using the Service or the Site, you represent and warrant that you are 13 or older and in high school or college, or else that you are 18 or older, and that you agree to and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Mar 2014 08:18

Looks like Carmen reverted back to her maiden name in 2004/5 she was still at the same Leeds address as when she was named Boaler

Will send you that address

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Mar 2014 08:20

If she has remarried then it probably won't be online

Flip

Flip Report 9 Mar 2014 08:43

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/901490408

You could try this one for John

patchem

patchem Report 9 Mar 2014 08:53

If John was born in 1948, he is probably the birth in Wharfedale not Bradford.

If your husband (Robert?) is 50 this year, then born in 1964, so quite a large or spread out family?

Also Phillip born in 1950.

patchem

patchem Report 9 Mar 2014 09:02

Think she may now be Carmen Boyes - but 192.com has her as 55-59?

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Mar 2014 17:09

Thanks everybody, will have a look later, feeling a little off colour at the moment, thanks for all the trouble you've all gone to. All three brothers were born in the Bradford district

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2014 18:08

192 has a listing for John and Angela from 2004-2013. Are you saying he's moved very recently and no longer at this address?

Rose