Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Daire O Cathain genes member re Diarmuid O'kane

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 11 Mar 2014 13:01

I am looking to make contact with Daire O Cathain who may be a member of my family. He has put Diarmuid (Dermuid Art O'Kain) who married Margaret Deidre Laverty on his family tree, I have just discovered Art was my mum's cousin. His dad Edward was born Belfast and Edward's younger brother John James O'Kane was my Grandad. I have just been to Belfast and Portglenone to check out the archives.
Would love it if someone could put me in touch with Daire.
Regards
Margaret

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Mar 2014 13:51

No one can put you in touch you have to do it yourself I,m afraid by clicking on the find out more against the tree entry he put for Diarmuid .

Its in the Search Trees facilty which am guessing is where you found the entry

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Mar 2014 13:54

Welcome to the boards Margaret.

Where have you seen this person on a family tree?

I have searched all member trees (using the search button above) for the people you mention and I can't find any trace of them on Genes. Have you seen the tree on another site?

Kath. x

Margaret

Margaret Report 11 Mar 2014 16:32

Thanks for your replies. I have sent a message to Daire but as you can't tell if a person is still a member or not I thought I would try this message board as well.
I spelt O'Kane wrong for Diarmuid O'Kane. His wife was Margaret Dierdre/Deirdre Laverty born 1925 Ardboe County Tyrone. They married in Salford Manchester in 1956 and I think they had 3 children, Eamonn B O'Kane, Donagh M O'Kane and Orla M O'Kane. They moved to County Down where Art as he was known was a teacher. He was born in Portglenone County Antrim to Edward and Sarah (nee McAuley) O'Kane 18th August 1918 His baptism record actually calls him Dermod Art O'Kane.
Kath what is your connection to the family
Margaret

jax

jax Report 11 Mar 2014 16:47

You cannot tell if they are still a member or not

You can roughly tell how old the account is by the membership number

If the message is read then the envelope will disappear at the side

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Mar 2014 16:51

I don't have any connection to the family Margaret. I was just looking to see if I could find a tree on here so that I could let you know if there was one that you could click on the tree owner's name and send a message direct to him.

I didn't find one because I used the spelling you initially gave.

Kath. x