Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for adopted sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 23 Mar 2014 15:58

I am trying to locate my adopted sister. Her given name at birth was Annette Maynard, she was born in Wednesbury on December 28th 1954. We have only recently learnt of here existence and are desperately trying to trace her. If you know of her, or someone who you think maybe her, please leave a message with any information you have in order to aid our search.

Thanks
John

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Mar 2014 16:07

Welcome to the boards John.

Have you added your name to the Adoption Contact Register? That way if Annette decides to look for her birth family she will be told that your name has been added there.

www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Kath. x

patchem

patchem Report 23 Mar 2014 16:17

There is an Annette Maynard, 1954, in a tree on here - tree holder annette.

jax

jax Report 23 Mar 2014 19:55

As there is no other Annette Maynard born about that time....looks pretty good

She is a fairly new member (last couple of years) so good chance of a reply

Dosent look like she has your parents names in her tree though

Go to search top of page select search all members trees

put in her name and 1954 and click on find out more next to her name and send a message

Will pm John as he is new...so he can return

Graham

Graham Report 23 Mar 2014 20:17

If she was adopted, that could account for the different parents on her tree.

jax

jax Report 23 Mar 2014 20:44

If she was going to put her birth name on here she would probably also put her birth parents as well

She may just have her own name only.....no one else?

My dad has a tree on here.....only him in it

My workings out were the parents were Alfred and Beryl....could be wrong though

patchem

patchem Report 24 Mar 2014 06:58

I think I have talked to people who were looking for their birth family and they have not put their parents on their tree, so do so when it is suggested to them.
So the absence of parents, from memory I think I agree with Alfred and Beryl, does not mean it is the wrong person.
Also Annette was born at the end of December, so showing in March 1955 free bmd, but annette had put correct year also, so not just someone adding from looking up free bmd entries.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Mar 2014 13:42

Put her in your tree...............it isn't usually permitted to add living people without permission, but that does not apply when the person has been adopted.

She can then contact you - if she so wishes

jax

jax Report 24 Mar 2014 14:35

John hasn't opened my pm yet....maybe he wasn't expecting replies so quick?

I do not have my parents in my tree....then again they are living and I am not searching for them

John

John Report 25 Mar 2014 20:21

Thanks for all your help. The sister I am searching for was indeed born at the end of December 1954 and our mothers name is indeed Beryl. Our mother was married to an Alfred but he had already passed away and can not be Annette father, but may still have been put on the birth certificate. I have sent a message to the Annette you have all found for me and I am now awaiting her response. I have only recently started looking for Annette as I only found out 18 months ago that she even existed. Once again thank you all for you help and information, I am very grateful

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 29 Mar 2014 16:33

Good luck John. I hope you get a favourable reply.