Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for John James Howe or relatives of

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 31 Mar 2014 14:07

Posting on behalf of a friend who is looking for her father..his name is John James Howe and was born in 1972, it is believed he has a sister called Diane and that their father was known as Anthony (Tony) Howe and had connections to Briggate Market in Glasgow, Tony is thought to have passed away on the market of a heart attack..Any information would be welcomed for his daughter as she is desperate to make contact with him and his family..She was born in November 1990

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Mar 2014 15:53

Was this man aware that he had fathered a daughter at the age of 17? Is he named on her birth cert?

Scottish records can only be accessed by getting credits for Scotlands people

I assume you've checked www.192.com............

and looked in 'search all member trees'

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 31 Mar 2014 22:45

When did Anthony die? Have you looked on Scotlandspeople for his death? The name and address of the informant may be helpful.

Only deaths in the last 50 years can be viewed online. For more recent ones you have to order the certificate but a small price to pay to make contact with the family?

It may be necessary to tread carefully if John or his family are unaware that he fathered a child? If that is the case in may be inappropriate to have his full name and year of birth posted here?

Brenda

Brenda Report 31 Mar 2014 23:32

With regards to this gentleman the daughter has a copy of her birth certificate with him named on it x

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 1 Apr 2014 08:39

Does her birth certificate give an address for her father please? I'm not sure if Scottish certificates only give the father's address if the parents are married and it differs from the address where the child was born.

Have you tried 192.com please?

If your friend lives near either Glasgow or Edinburgh she could visit either The Mitchell Library or The Scotland People Centre. The daily charge to search BMD registrations is around £15. She would then be able to view Anthony's death registration and note the name and address of the informant. She would also be able to search for possible marriages for her father and aunt and birth registration for possible births from those marriages which may give more up to date addresses.

Brenda

Brenda Report 1 Apr 2014 11:35

she is waiting on her copy coming from the registry office in glasgow as she was born there, her father is aware of her, i am a member of scotlands people site for my own tree purposes and have tried to find both anthony and john but nothing as yet hence why i offfered to put something on here for her but she isnt giving up and hopefully she will get some info along the line ..many thanks for all your input tho