Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gary Gray-Stepney 1959, birth mother, Betty D East

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maxine

maxine Report 31 Mar 2014 15:21

Looking for my brother Gary Gray, adopted as a baby, believe adopted parents could have lived in the south London area & believe adopted father may have been a butcher. I have only recently found out about Gary since my father died & know he tried to make contact some years ago, by finding a part drafted letter. I am pretty sure he was GR member 6606285. I have contacted the GRO but he didn't go thru them to trace my parents. My mother has alzheimers & I'm her sole carer, I would love to find Gary before her mind goes completely, I know she still carries a huge guilt for having to give him up. Me & all the family are so excited & cant wait to meet him. If anyone can help out there, we would love to hear from you.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 Mar 2014 15:29

Hi Maxine.
First question - have you put your details on the national adoption contact register, in case Gary is also registered there, or does so in the future?
Also, as Gary has tried to make contact previously, it might be an idea to contact social services and ask for advice. There might well be something on his file re. his search, alternatively you should be able to leave your contact details there.
Jan

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 31 Mar 2014 15:30

Click on this link or Copy it into your address bar press enter and send him a message

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/new/6606285

Roy

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 Mar 2014 15:31

Well done Roy!
Was just about to say he seems to have a tree on here!
Jan

maxine

maxine Report 31 Mar 2014 17:13

Hi Jan,
Not tried the adoption register but will do & also contact social services, many, many thanks for your kind advice.
Maxine

maxine

Hi Jan,
Not tried the adoption register but will do & also contact social services, many, many thanks for your kind advice.
Maxine

maxine

Hi Jan,
Maxine

jax

jax Report 31 Mar 2014 18:09

If you send him a message please be aware that his account is 7 years old and he could of changed his email address since then

maxine

maxine Report 1 Apr 2014 07:43

Hi Jax,
Have sent him a couple of messages & yes think your right that his changed his email address, what a shame, how simple it would have been. Thank you for showing such kindness.

maxine

maxine Report 1 Apr 2014 08:21

Hi Roy,
Just emailed him again, just in case he gets a lot of spam & deleted my previous messages by mistake.
Many thanks.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Apr 2014 09:42

Maxine,

Don't forget to add his place of birth to your tree. It's currently blank.

Rose

maxine

maxine Report 1 Apr 2014 10:48

Thank you Rose, will do.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 1 Apr 2014 11:57

Maxine, GR send a "notification" that he has a message on GR to his registered email address

They do NOT send him your message

So if he does delete the "notification" your message will remain intact in his inbox on GR

Roy

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 1 Apr 2014 12:13

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1332532

maxine

maxine Report 1 Apr 2014 12:21

Cheers Roy.