Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Susan Bush

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 3 Apr 2014 21:59

Searching for a Susan Bush, married name Susan George. Was formerly living in Zambia. Father's name Len. Susan would be mid 60s.
Her half brother Ian Watts is desperate to find her again. Please contact me if you have any information

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2014 22:01

Have you done anything to try to locate her yourself?

When was the last contact?

Where was she then?

patchem

patchem Report 3 Apr 2014 22:06

Do you know if she has a middle name?

Do you know which country she was born in?

Thanks

Andrea

Andrea Report 3 Apr 2014 22:15

No more info I am afraid, I am doing this for a friend. He lost touch with her when she moved back from Zambia. He has no idea where she may be or even if she is alive.. I thought I would try this forum first

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Apr 2014 22:26

Does he even know which country?

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 3 Apr 2014 22:33

As he is her half-brother, what other information has he got about her Mother?

And is 'Len' actually 'Leonard'?

Andrea

Andrea Report 3 Apr 2014 22:36

I'll see if he can give me any more info. Thanks for now

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Apr 2014 08:38

'Moved back'....when?

To where?

'Moved back' implies that she was not a native of Zambia..........

Ian must know their mother's details...........and have some idea of Susan's birth year...............and where she was born

Where did she marry? What is/was her husband's first name?

Please try to obtain from Ian answers to all of the questions posed on this thread

Andrea

Andrea Report 12 Apr 2014 23:34

Middle name Patricia...unlikely to still be with her husband so most likely living on her own unless of course she has remarried, but age approx early to mid 60's.
Born Wadhurst Surrey.
Have looked on electoral rolls but no Susan patricia Bush or Susan Patricia George. I'll keep trying but her brother doesnt seem to know much else

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Apr 2014 00:01

Wadhurst was in Uckfield reg dist ... in Sussex

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/uckfield.html

but there was no Susan Bush birth there 1945-1955

does he really not know the year his sister was born :-S

so much of this is confusing for an outsider

5 Susan P Bush births in that period ... Stamford, Chelsea, Trowbridge, Bishop's Stortford, Bristol

is there any chance that her name is actually Suzanne ? ... birth in Croydon, would be 65 now

her half-brother is Ian Watts so they have the same mother ... but which of them is older ? (which came first, the Bush marriage or the Watts marriage?)

Susan's marriage to Mr George was not in England ?

if you could tell us the mother's original name then it should be possible to find Susan's birth, which would give her age ... and Ian must know his mother's name ... if he is desperate, please ask him to get sorted and give you the facts !

especially (and not the first time asked)

> what was his mother's name at birth?

> did his mother marry his own father (Watts) before or after she married Susan's father (Bush)?

... has Ian's mother or father or Susan's father died in England?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2014 09:24

Ian MUST know his own mother's maiden name.................or, at the very least, when and where he was born.

Were his parents actually married - to each other?

Ditto Susan's parents...............

WHEN was she supposed to have 'moved back' from Zambia?

These are not difficult questions......................

patchem

patchem Report 13 Apr 2014 09:36

If she was Suzanne born in Croydon she would have several siblings, which would have been mentioned by Ian?

There is always the possibility that the family moved to Wadhurst shortly after her birth - which is why more information about Ian's parents would help.

Also, does he know if she had any siblings?

Could she have been registered as Patricia Susan?

Thank-you