Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am looking for Kathleen F N Jones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 6 Apr 2014 23:45

I have been looking for Kathleen F N Jones DOB 1939 registered Woolwich SE London,and her sister Julia May Jones DOB 1941 registered Dartford Kent. Mothers maiden name Cook. Parents, Father John Joseph Jones, Mother
Nellie May Jones. The Family lived in Charlton Park Lane Charlton, London SE7
in the 1950/60s, Kathleen married Reginald H McDonald, in 1960 district Woolwich.
Julia May Married David Walter 1967 district Woolwich.
I have been unable to find any trace of them on electoral registers 2002/2014.
Can any one help me find them, I was a Family friend in the late 1950s.and would like to make contact with them.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 7 Apr 2014 00:06

Have you checked for births of any children? 2 very tentative births sent via PM.

The other thing to do is look for parents' deaths, as a family member is usually the informant.

Jan

patchem

patchem Report 7 Apr 2014 07:01

Welcome to the boards, William.

If you applied for their birth certificates for exact dates of birth we could look for their deaths (which is a possible explanation for no ER).

Also, they both may have married again and have different surnames, so, again, not showing on ER - have you looked for further marriages?

Jones is not the easiest surname to look for.

This might be their Mother's death?
Nellie May Jones
Birth Date: 9 Dec 1914
Date of Registration: Dec 1997
Age at Death: 83
Registration district: Greenwich
Inferred County: London
Register Number: A75
District and Subdistrict: 2291A
Entry Number: 39

and it would fit with this birth:
Births Dec 1914
COOK Nellie M Hopkins Woolwich 1d 2210

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Apr 2014 11:37

Details from https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch
Unfortunately as the death was relatively recent, details of living people have been redacted.

cremation register details

authority
Eltham Crematorium
cremation date 30 December 1997
register number 152717
last name Jones
first names Nellie May
gender Female
date of death 21 December 1997
age 83
marital status Widow
denomination Church Of England
occupation Retired
registration district GREENWICH
sub-district GREENWICH
entry date 30 Dec 1997
entry number 152717

As Nellie was a widow, its likely that one of her daughters registered the death and would be the informant on the DC.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Apr 2014 12:03

Kathleen appears to have re-married..............to..................

Death
Name: SWAINSBURY, Bryan Edward J
County: London
Year of registration: 2002
Month of registration: January
Date of Birth:13 August 1934
District no: 2291B
Reg no: B80
Ent no: 139
DOR: 102

His birth....................

Birth
Name: LINDFIELD, Bryan E J
Registration district: Woolwich
Year of registration: 1934
Quarter of registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Mother's maiden name: Bishop
Volume no:1D
Page no:1277

The marriage was recorded using both of his surnames

Swainsbury/Jones births confirm...............................

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Apr 2014 12:17

Death
Name: MCDONALD, Reginald Herbert
Year of registration: 1997
Month of registration: April
Date of Birth:25 December 1920
District no: 2291D
Reg no: D66
Ent no: 290
DOR: 497

William

William Report 8 Apr 2014 16:32

I wish to thank Reggie, and all you other kind people who responded to my request
for help, to find my long lost friends, I did not expect such a response.
I think you are all amazing to come up with so much information in such a short
amount of time.
I intend to keep looking until I can prove they are either dead or living, any further
help you Guys can offer will be greatly appreciated.
many Thanks William.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Apr 2014 16:57

There is no record on FMP of a death for Kathleen...........

The births of her daughters are on freebmd.................

Her husband's death cert may hold helpful info

William

William Report 15 Apr 2014 22:55

I am new to this and I do not understand all the terms and abbreviations being used. such as FMP, PM and WDYTA , I am A bit dim in this respect. I greatly appreciate the help and guidance I have been given so far, I have sent for DCs as advised and hopefully deem a bit more info from them. Many thank William

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Apr 2014 23:00

FMP = Findmypast website
PM= private message
WDYT(Y)A = Who do you think you are (TV programme)

William

William Report 25 Apr 2014 23:09

I have obtained the DC for Nellie May Jones, and the informant was one of her
Daughters, but not Kathleen ore Julia, but a Jennifer Ann Jones DOB 1946
Married name Clark. who I never knew existed and I have not been able to trace her on the E R. Any suggestions please.
William.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Apr 2014 23:28

Did you find a 2002 entry on the ER? After that year, it became possible to 'opt out' of the commercial ER. She might still be living at the 1997 address. As long as Mr Clark has middle initials or an unusual first name, you could see if you can find him.

You could contact the nearest library or Local Studies Centre/Archive to find out where the historical ER are held, and ask for her name + the address to be traced forward. Although they can only look up addresses, they could tell you if/when she moved. They will make a charge

Try the BT online phone book - if she is still married to the same person, use his initials.

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/index.publisha

Look for Clark/Jones births in the area last known to have lived then see if you can trace any children.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Apr 2014 08:58

It would surely have have been much better to get Kathleen's husband's death cert.............as suggested some time ago

Have you done anything about looking for info about Kathleen's daughters?

Have you considered writing to Jennifer at the address she gave on her mother's death cert?

Enclose SAE, so that if she is no longer there, the current occupant can respond - or she can, if she is.

Christine

Christine Report 26 Apr 2014 15:08

"Enclose SAE, so that if she is no longer there, the current occupant can respond".

It is actually illegal to tamper with the Mail and you should not open mail addressed to someone else. I would do as Reggie suggested and enclose an SAE, but I would put a note on the back of the envelope you are sending saying "If undelivered please return to: and put your OWN address".

William

William Report 26 Apr 2014 23:04

Thank you for the advice, I have sent letters out and always put my address on the back, I have had one returned un opened and a phone call from another who said she was Kathleen's daughter and that Kathleen died 3 years ago, but I have not been able to find the death record. so I will keep looking.
Many thanks
William

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Apr 2014 09:50

The online GRO indexes for BMD only go up to 2006/7 at the latest.

You might consider contacting crematoriums/cemeteries closest to Kathleen's last address. They may be prepared to search their burial/cremation registers to give you the dates. If they can find the entry, they may not be prepared to give you full details for such a recent event. There could be a charge.

As a family friend, you may prefer just to accept the information supplied by Kathleen's daughter.