Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

brother adopted at birth

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LOZZA73

LOZZA73 Report 8 Apr 2014 06:33

trying to find out how to find the name of my brother who was adopted at birth I was never told his name can only go by my mothers name, does anyone know how I could go about this thank you in advance for any leads :-)

patchem

patchem Report 8 Apr 2014 06:40

Welcome to the boards, Lozza73

Do you know when and where he was born?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Apr 2014 08:24

If your mother's surname wasn't too common, look for a birth registration where registered surname and MMN are the same.......................in the relevant area, and time-scale.........assuming this refers to England/Wales, of course.

Add yourself to the national adoption contact register - if he knows that he was adopted, and is interested in finding birth family, he may have done the same.

Would he be older than you? Or younger?

I'm guessing that you were born in 1973...................

LOZZA73

LOZZA73 Report 8 Apr 2014 11:55

he was born in jarrow maternity hospital which comes under durham county i think in 1973
and he is younger than me.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Apr 2014 12:28

What was your mother's surname?

LOZZA73

LOZZA73 Report 8 Apr 2014 15:21

hi her maiden name was murray

jax

jax Report 8 Apr 2014 15:58

Was she married at the time of the birth?

jax

jax Report 8 Apr 2014 16:05

There is a Marc Brian born South shields although there does not seem to be an indication that he was adopted....but I suppose it may have been omitted

Should you think he could be the one you could try to purchase the birth cert, but I believe you need to know full details for anyone born in the last 50 years

patchem

patchem Report 8 Apr 2014 18:41

Nicola Murray 1968 and Denise Murray 1959 may be related.
Also Janine Murray, 1954, Maida Vale, London, and William Murray, 1926.

Sorry, Lozza73, what was your Mother's birth name, and who and when did she marry?

Thank-you

LOZZA73

LOZZA73 Report 9 Apr 2014 02:03

Janine is my mother she married in 69 to Brian Roberts divorced not long after not sure on the year.

patchem

patchem Report 9 Apr 2014 07:03

Thanks for that.

So this is her first marriage, for location etc:
Janine E Murray
Spouse Surname: Roberts
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1969
Registration district: Cardiganshire North
Inferred County: Cardiganshire

and her birth?
Births Mar 1952
MURRAY Janine E Marylebone

So Lorraine born in 1970 in Wales is you?

A long way up North for next birth?

LOZZA73

LOZZA73 Report 9 Apr 2014 08:34

yes this is all correct,

for some reason I think the boy is called Anthony but this has never been confirmed, when I used to ask about him it was a big secret no one would say they new what I was on about which is very unfair once I new about him there is no secret anymore my sister has been on the adoption contacts list since 1986 and nothing has ever come of it.
:-(

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Apr 2014 08:49

In which year - and location - was your sister born?

patchem

patchem Report 9 Apr 2014 19:45

Sorry to keep on asking questions but we are trying to help.

Do you mean that you are looking for your sister also - Nicola Murray born in 1968?

Do you know why your Mother gave birth in Jarrow, and who told you that?

Are you in contact with your Mother - is she still alive?

Did your Mother marry again after Mr Roberts?

LOZZA73

LOZZA73 Report 10 Apr 2014 08:19

HI no not looking for my sister only our brother

grandparents moved to north east that is why she gave birth to him there,

yes im still in contact with my mother I just don't ask her about him anymore as I has not got me anywhere by bringing it up

my mum went back to murray after she divorced and remarried in again few years after she had our brother

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2014 08:25

WHO told you about this alleged child?

Can he/she be trusted?

jax

jax Report 10 Apr 2014 11:17

If your sister has been on the adoption contact register, presumably looking for this brother, what name has she been looking for contact with?

Or is it not like that?

Any thoughts on the name Marc Brian born 1973 that I mentioned? surname Murray

LOZZA73

LOZZA73 Report 11 Apr 2014 01:49

my sister went to an adoption place in north east and put her name on the register there I don't know exact details of this, and the person who told me about it has since passed away, my older sister was born in wales and other north east, Marc Brian is not him, My sister was born in 68 Nicola Murray she is mentioned in earlier post.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2014 09:37

So was the 'informant' someone you could trust 100% to tell you the truth?

And 'an adoption place' in the north-east is not the same as the national register

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 10:42

Here's the link to the Adoption Contact Register

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

As you aren't sure of his name, it might be worth enquiring if you can put a generic listing on using his/your mother's birth and married names?