Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bridget Flaherty

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 11 Apr 2014 11:50

Hi Everyone
I would be very greatful if anyone could help me.

I'm looking for a Bridget (maiden name) Flaherty she lived in Gorton Manchester in 1957. She was at least 16 years old in 1957. I know she went on to marry but I do not know who she married. She also went on to have children with her husband but I do not know any of their names either. I would be extremely indebted to anyone who can help.

Thank you
Jane

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2014 12:30

Do you think she was born in England?

Or did she travel over from Ireland to give birth?

Have you had contact with her since 1957?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2014 12:35

There is a possible marriage in 1965..................would that be later than you thought?

If she had a second forename, there is a possible marriage in 1966

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 11 Apr 2014 13:49

Welcome to the boards Jane.

There is a spouse missing from the 1965 entry.

I have found him and will PM the details to Jane.

patchem

patchem Report 12 Apr 2014 00:27

Have you tried to contact anyone who may have her in their tree on here?
(There is one Bridget born 1940 Manchester in a tree).

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Apr 2014 00:39

that's interesting patchem because there was no Bridget Flaherty birth in Manchester in or about 1940 :-)

somebody may have made an assumption based on the same info Jane has provided

there is a birth for that name in Wales that year and someone related has that person in their tree, could be worth contacting both

in fact that Bridget appears to have a brother John born 1941 ... and both of them are members of this site with trees here that have him in it

this seems to be her 2002 info

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/le--clech/bridget/je2/1454335028/

so you know what surname to search trees for ... also facebook (omit the space in the surname)

no way of knowing whether this is the right person but the date of birth is consistent with Jane's Bridget being about 17 in 1957 but of course Jane's Bridget might have been older

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 12 Apr 2014 10:01

Hi Jane

To reply to this thread........

Type in the white box at the bottom..........then click the green "Submit" box.

Prickles.