Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Micheal and Doreen Akers (nee Emmett), Reading

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 Apr 2014 08:20

Hoping to contact Michael and Doreen, who posted on here in 2005/6 with info on the Harris/Stewart family. I have the missing piece of the jigsaw on Uncle Bun and Auntie Win (my grandparents). If any family members are on here, please get in touch. Have also sent private messages to Micheal Akers and posted on Ancestry.com too.

Fingers crossed!

patchem

patchem Report 13 Apr 2014 08:33

Michael and Doreen and various family members seem to be showing on 192.com at various times and combinations up to 2014 in Reading

Have you considered contacting them that way?

Their children have also been members on here - have you tried to contact them through genes?

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 Apr 2014 09:37

Thanks patchem, I appreciate your help. I'll try your suggestion of 192 as my next step. Thought I'd try this route first though. I'm still learning the ropes. I've also messaged who I think is Michael Akers junior, via this site. How did you find their children on here? Thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2014 09:57

Have you sent a PM to the poster of the thread(s) to which you refer?

patchem

patchem Report 13 Apr 2014 10:08

Debbie,

I looked for births for Akers/Emmett on free bmd and then looked to see if those children were in anyone's trees on here.

The son born in 1965 has a membership number of about the year 2010, so could easily still have the same email address.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Apr 2014 16:27

this is the previous thread Debbie refers to

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/391398

in case there's anything there that leads to any other ideas

Debbie have you checked whether your PMs have been read?

if there is an envelope beside it then it has not been read

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 Apr 2014 19:01

Thanks everyone. Yes I have sent PMs to the thread owner (Michael) and to his wife Doreen on ancestry.com. Neither have responded yet. And Patchem, yes I saw that there was another Michael (prob the son) who had a recent membership. No luck yet. I'll have a look around free BMD too. JoonieCloonie has given me lots of pointers so once I get the hang of all of these resources I will hopefully start getting somewhere! Thanks so much.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Apr 2014 10:27

They are on the ER 2002-2011 in Reading

You could write to the address..........enclosing SAE

Debbie

Debbie Report 15 Apr 2014 16:16

Yes, thanks Reggie. Somebody PM'd me an address from the ER. I will definitely do that.