Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ethel Amy Chatfield & Thomas Gullick

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 15 Apr 2014 15:22

Hello-

I am looking for descendants of Ethel Amy Chatfield (b. 1890 in Bethnal Green, d. 1972 in Surrey) & Thomas Gullick (b. abt. 1883, d. 1949 in Middlesex). They had one known daughter, Doris Gullick (b. abt. 1921 in Surrey). Am trying to flesh out my Chatfield line. Ethel was the daughter of Thomas Chatfield and Eleanor Johnson. She had two brothers, Thomas William, Jr. (d. in France 1916) and Arthur Richard (b. abt. 1896 in Bethnal Green, d. ??). I don't know if Arthur married or had any children. I am hoping to locate others in my Chatfield line who also have been researching the family or may have photos & information to share.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help!

All the best,

Carol Hermann

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Apr 2014 15:42

Have you looked on FreeBMD for any marriage for Arthur ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Apr 2014 15:47

Just to locate him
Births Dec 1896
Chatfield Arthur Richard Bethnal G. 1c 198

1911 England Census about Arthur R Chatfield
Name: Arthur R Chatfield
Age in 1911: 14
Estimated birth year: abt 1897
Relation to Head: Son
Birth Place: Bethnal Green
Civil Parish: East Ham
County/Island: Essex
Street address: 94 Bristol Road, Forest Gate E
Registration district: West Ham
Registration District Number: 188
Sub-registration district: North East Ham
ED, institution, or vessel: 11
Household schedule number: 358
Piece: 9567
Household Members:
Name Age
Thomas W Chatfield 45
Eleanor E Chatfield 42
Ethel A Chatfield 20
Thomas W Chatfield 17
Arthur R Chatfield 14

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Apr 2014 15:48

A possibility

Name: Arthur R Chatfield
Birth Date: abt 1897
Date of Registration: Mar 1968
Age at Death: 71
Registration district: Bridge
Inferred County: Kent
Volume: 5f
Page: 109

Carol

Carol Report 16 Apr 2014 17:48

Thank you, Shirley. I did have his birth and 1911 Census information. There are several possibilities in the FreeBMD marriage index but I am trying to avoid having to purchase several marriage certificates that may or may not be the correct person. The one additional clue that I have is that his father's probate in 1948 lists Arthur Richard Chatfield as his administrator and that Arthur's occupation is "newspaper publisher." I have tried searching Arthur's name with the occupation on a few search engines, but to no avail. I was thinking I might have better luck trying to trace the sister's daughter, Doris E. Gullick (shown in the FreeBMD as having been born in Jun 1921 quarter, Kingston, Vol. 2a, p. 860). There is a marriage on the FreeBMD for Doris E. Gullick and Charles H. Young for the Dec. quarter 1942 in Staines. Haven't been able to find anything further.

What are the given names of some of the Fahse family that you are searching? I found several on ancestry.com. If you are looking for someone specific and have some dates, I would be happy to look further.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Apr 2014 18:15

Thank you for your offer for the Fahse family . I do have the records that are available on. Ancestry and FMP. My grt grandmother Maria Fahse died in 1907 two weeks before my dad was born and I have found her burial too . Have some of the family on the 1911 census but then nothing so they must have left the UK .

I do have them on the earlier census,s too so please don't so spend time looking for them .

It's where they came from in Germany and where they went after 1911 that is the brick wall

Thank you for offering

:-D :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Apr 2014 18:20

Take a look on FreeBMD for births Young/ Gullick there are some that may be their family

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Apr 2014 18:23

Do you know what Doris ,s second Christian was

Carol

Carol Report 16 Apr 2014 19:11

Hi Shirley-

Have you tried the geneanet.org site? It has more European information. I am not a member but I believe that you can join for free. Additionally, you don't need to be a member to view trees that people post on the site. I did a quick peek and there were
several trees with the surname "Fahse" listed in Germany.

As for Doris, I only know her middle initial (E.), but not her actual middle name. The marriage to Charles Young seems the most likely given the location and the date, but Gullick and Young are both common names so it may not be her.

Thanks for your interest and assistance!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Apr 2014 19:50

Wonder about these
Name: Doris Eleanor Young
Birth Date: 13 May 1921
Date of Registration: Aug 2001
Age at Death: 80
Registration district: Windsor and Maidenhead
Inferred County: Berkshire
Register Number: WMA1
District and Subdistrict: 3221A
Entry Number: 108