Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Susan Leary

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Apr 2014 13:57

Hi I am trying to help my uncle Robert Leary find his sister who was adopted .Robert does not have much info about his past apart from He was born in Gateshead in 1945 and that he had a sister called Susan Leary born 1949, Robert & susan moved to Leeds area .Susan was adopted at approx age 3 . Robert has been trying to locate her whereabouts for many years now . If anyone can help with any more details that would be great . Susan may be married now so would have different surname .Also not sure if her name changed with adoption . Appreciate any help forward with this Susan will be about 67 now . Thank you Sandra

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Apr 2014 14:14

Would think she would have had a name change at adoption certainly would be a surname at least!

Has Robert put his details and hers on the national adoption conact register. If Susan should look for her birth family then they will be put in touch .

Have you looked on search trees to see if she is listed in her birth name in someone tree

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Apr 2014 14:39

have searched trees with no sucess, noe sure if Robert has put details on adoption register will find out

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Apr 2014 14:39

have searched trees with no sucess, noe sure if Robert has put details on adoption register will find out

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Apr 2014 16:22

Born JAS 1949 = 64 now

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Apr 2014 22:52

thanks for correction